Selling child monitoring software to schools

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing & PR' started by paulomunky, Nov 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulomunky

paulomunky UKBF Newcomer Free Member

80 0
    Hi all,

I'm looking for some general advice on the best way to sell a child monitoring software to schools. This will allow teachers to keep accurate records on child-related incidents such as: bullying, abuse, family issues or parent-teacher conversations.

I can imagine that selling directly to headteachers / deputy head teachers would be the best way to go, am I on the right track? Or would it be better to target the LEA's?

Any good advice would be much appreciated

Thanks guys,
    Paul

Posted: Nov 5, 2010 By: paulomunky Member since: Dec 12, 2008
  2. SneakSMS

SneakSMS UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1,037 163
    The government has finally woken up to the fact that its procurement policy is crap. It is my belief (from being involved in several IT projects recently in various schools), that IT management is moving over to companies like Capita (including Ramesys who they have purchased). These companies are providing ALL of the IT infrastructure to the schools. If you can cosy up to these guys you're on to a winner. Otherwise I think you'll have issues getting into the schools, who will be concerned with software installation, maintenance and training.

Posted: Nov 7, 2010 By: SneakSMS Member since: May 23, 2009
  3. paulomunky

paulomunky UKBF Newcomer Free Member

80 0
    Thanks for the advice SneakSMS.

I'll certainly look into these outsourcing companies and see if they are interested in what we're doing.

Paul

Posted: Nov 8, 2010 By: paulomunky Member since: Dec 12, 2008
  4. danielmeade

danielmeade UKBF Newcomer Free Member

151 28
    Hi Paul, I think SneakSMS has a good point.

Although it won't hurt if you were to get on the phone to various head teachers, if tehy are a little concerned they'd tell and point you in the direction of their IT management company. By doing this you'll be able to contact directly the people that manage individual schools IT services, could be a good way in.

Posted: Nov 8, 2010 By: danielmeade Member since: Aug 13, 2010
  5. Lucy Munton (Telechief)

Lucy Munton (Telechief) UKBF Contributor Free Member

39 3
    Hi Paul,

Sounds like a great product for schools and I am sure it would be worth a try contacting them directly in the first instance.

I am not too hot on this type of software but I carried out a telemarketing campaign to schools for reporting software recently and this went really well. We had a lot of interest and as a result quite a few schools signed up.

If I can be of any assistance with the telemarketing or if you need any tips please do not hesitate to contact me :)

Good Luck

Posted: Nov 8, 2010 By: Lucy Munton (Telechief) Member since: Jun 29, 2010
  6. hallli01

hallli01 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

35 2
    Hi

I may be able to find the contact details ie name/telephone/address/email of head teachers,

If you would like more information pm me!

Linzi :)

Posted: Dec 3, 2010 By: hallli01 Member since: Nov 3, 2010
  7. akirk

akirk UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2,224 576
    Already a lot of that kind of software in the market - and people like Capita have been buying up the companies providing it...

good luck

Alasdair

Posted: Dec 3, 2010 By: akirk Member since: Jul 1, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.