Selling Advertising space on my website

Discussion in 'IT & Internet' started by Merchant UK, Jun 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merchant UK

Merchant UK UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

2,419 592
    Hi all

I have a welding and fabrication forum with a reasonable amount of members, only that they want to advertise on my site and usally i'm pretty busy to deal with all the nitty gritty about prices, banner sizes etc,, Does anyone know of a program or website that i can perhaps offer my advertising deals on and customers simply upload their banners and pay via paypal ? or similar

perhaps a free e commerce site? ideally only could offer advertising packages? but i need to get something sorted where it remembers how long people have paid and how long their ads run for?

Any help considered as always, Thanks Guys

Gerry

Posted: Jun 7, 2014 By: Merchant UK Member since: Aug 15, 2010
  2. Tim Coulter

Tim Coulter UKBF Regular Full Member

221 105
    Posted: Jun 7, 2014 By: Tim Coulter Member since: Dec 11, 2013
  3. Merchant UK

Merchant UK UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

2,419 592
    Hi tim

I don't want to use a company to sell my ads for people to put on their website but for my website to sell space on my site to members.

Keeping it totally in house if you see what i mean. I don't want to advertise my site but allow members to advertise their sites on my site. :eek:

Posted: Jun 7, 2014 By: Merchant UK Member since: Aug 15, 2010
  4. Tim Coulter

Tim Coulter UKBF Regular Full Member

221 105
    I understand that you would ideally prefer an ecommerce platform that will allow you to manage ad sales within your own closed community, but I think BuySellAds can still help you do what you want.

If you register as a publisher, you can list your site as an an ad medium and anyone (including your own forum members) can buy the available ad inventory via BuySellAds. This will have the advantage of extending your sales channel outside your own forum membership but it will also bring a disadvantage ... if you send your forum members to BuySellAds to buy the space that they need, there is a risk that they will instead buy from one of the other listed sites. However, if your forum membership is a good fit for the space that you are selling (which we assume is the case) then they are unlikely to find anything else that's more tempting.

Posted: Jun 7, 2014 By: Tim Coulter Member since: Dec 11, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.