Self assessment first time confusion

LandlordsFirst

Free Member
Jun 9, 2021
Hi guys

I bought a house in May/June and two weeks ago my first tenant has moved in.

I have been recording all my expenses since starting to buy it(solicitors fees, paint, etc). Recently, I saw a pop up about deadlines for self assessment coming up (October 31st). Do I have to complete one as I bought the house after last years end of tax year?

I also have a limited company for past two years, does this make a difference at all? To note, I paid myself directors salary and have not earned any income from the company since March 2020.

Any advice would be great

LandlordsFirst

Free Member
Jun 9, 2021
Are you putting all the expenses through your personal account or your LTD company
Through my personal expenses as the asset (the house) and the income(the rent) isnt/I havent set up as associated with my ltd company.

Would this be correct, or am I missing a trick?
I dont want the house as a company asset as quite honestly, the ltd is currently dormant;meaning there is no income, and if somehting were to go wrong, I woudlnt want to lose the house.

Upvote 0

WaveJumper

Free Member
  • Aug 26, 2013
    Essex
    Upvote 0

Subscribe to our newsletters

ukbf logo
    ukbf logo

Real community whatever your business.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu