Seeking Venue for Local Speed Dating Event

Discussion in 'Northern Ireland' started by QuestionDate, Jul 6, 2013.

1. QuestionDate

QuestionDate UKBF Newcomer Free Member

7 0
    Hi there,

I've just started a new local speed dating company in N.Ireland called QuestionDate and although we are in the early stages of development (creating a website etc), I was hoping to find suitable venues to hold the events ASAP as some require up to two months notice.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on the best ways of approaching local bars/restaurants in order to hire part of their venue for a speed dating event and potentially doing so for free?

I'll be bringing up to 40 single people to the events so can offer a considerable number of beverage sales from that alone, not to mention the publicity around the event itself.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Stephen

Posted: Jul 6, 2013 By: QuestionDate Member since: Jul 6, 2013
  2. Merchant UK

Merchant UK UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

2,419 592
    Just pop in and ask ;) many Bars and Clubs have a Function room which they may even let out free if your bringing enough people to their venue. have a chat with the landlord and tell him you'll do it on their quiet night and he should either let you use the room for free or at a very reduced discount.

plus its better for first time nerves if people could buy a drink before or after the event

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
    Posted: Jul 7, 2013 By: Merchant UK Member since: Aug 15, 2010