Second account on Ebay?

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by Lucan Unlordly, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Lucan Unlordly

Lucan Unlordly UKBF Ace Free Member

1,726 307
    I have an Ebay account with 100% positive feedback over 16 years.
    Initially used for buying and selling personal items, but used more frequently of late, to sell or buy business related items.
    We're not talking huge numbers here, just 18 transactions in the past 12 months (445 since 2004).

I'm now looking to promote the sales of a gift item that raises funds for charity and considering Ebay as an option but should we start from scratch with a new account or is there a way we can benefit from past history, use the same account, but completely separate the presentation and sales?

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 By: Lucan Unlordly Member since: Feb 24, 2009
  2. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

25,460 3,108
    You could in the payment part of the page where normally you set quantity of the item, just under there is private listing, then make a donation.
    You can set donation percentage up to 100%. May be just for their approved charities though.

You could set up a new account. However expect a limit on the listings and value - basic level until you get some sales.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  3. Lucan Unlordly

Lucan Unlordly UKBF Ace Free Member

1,726 307
    Thanks.

I'd much prefer to separate these items from eg., a rack of shelving or some of the wife's old clothes but if that's not possible think i'll add a few items to the existing set up and see how we go.

Low value item but already 40+ variations with many more to come so any limits on listings would be counterproductive.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 By: Lucan Unlordly Member since: Feb 24, 2009
  4. Alison Moore

Alison Moore UKBF Enthusiast Full Member

735 158
    eBay seriously limit new accounts these days.. It was a couple of years back that we wanted to have a separate eBay account for a new business, and they limited it to something ridiculous like 25 items per month until 'we'd built up trading history'. It took months and months to get them to increase the limit to a sensible level. You used to be able to transfer your feedback rating to another account, but I'm not sure if that's still an option. Obviously you'd lose your private account and all its feedback though if you did that.

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 By: Alison Moore Member since: Aug 4, 2016