Scotland Calling

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by creacom, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KidsBeeHappy

KidsBeeHappy UKBF Newcomer Full Member

7,357 1,582
    We would never want you banned, partic after saving my sanity this afternoon!!

Posted: May 28, 2008 By: KidsBeeHappy Member since: Oct 9, 2007
  2. emm

emm UKBF Newcomer Free Member

19 1
    Hi I'm in Falkirk.

Posted: May 30, 2008 By: emm Member since: Aug 8, 2007
  3. mickyboy73

mickyboy73 UKBF Contributor Free Member

51 3
    I'm in Scotland now (Glasgow) - Moved up here 8 months ago to be with my girlfriend ;)

I love this place

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 By: mickyboy73 Member since: Jun 2, 2008
  4. adventurelife

adventurelife UKBF Ace Full Member

2,040 620
    Business in Aberfeldy and Aviemore live just south of Perth.

Peter

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 By: adventurelife Member since: Dec 2, 2007
  5. XSAILER

XSAILER UKBF Newcomer Free Member

51 5
    I'd been wondering recently if there was a Scottish business forum, so this "regional" forum is very timely. Not that we want to hide away, or ignore what's being said and done elsewhere - be it UK or Europe or further afield, but there are times when it's much more logical to address questions or comments to Scottish gubs only.

We're based in Edinburgh, but do our X-sailing all over the country with St Andrews being a favourite. There's a "wind" festival happening this weekend at Balado - where they host T in the park, and we're attending and offering free shots on the X-sails. There are kites, and microlights,and other windy things too, and it's free to the public. It's called justaddwind and it's a UK web address.

If there's anyone who has a website, and a client base who like outdoor and adventurous stuff, we are offering a good chunk of cash in our new affiliate program. If you host a banner or text ad, your visitors could generate some good revenue. It's worth a trial, so please PM me if you're interested.
    X-sailer

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 By: XSAILER Member since: Nov 1, 2007
  6. davidshaw89

davidshaw89 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

873 176
    Edinburgh myself! Im always on here reading posts, only just started logging in and replying today! hello everyone! Any other young people in business on here?

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 By: davidshaw89 Member since: Jan 19, 2008
  7. marispiper

marispiper UKBF Newcomer Free Member

27 0
    Hello, I have just joined today. I am from Angus and have an IT business computerden . I think i have met you before stu at an Acer event in Manchester last year ! I meant to come and see you when i was Edinburgh. Hopefully you are the same guy ! How have you found this site.

Posted: Jun 15, 2008 By: marispiper Member since: Jun 14, 2008
  8. marispiper

27 0
    Hello,
    I am in the process of launching our B2B centre. The main purpose is for businesses to share experiences, advice and success stories to other businesses. We are based in Angus Take a look at our website and let me know what you think.
    thanks

9. frockery

frockery UKBF Regular Full Member - Verified Business

383 56
    Hi from Forfar and welcome! :D

Your business name sounds familiar. Whereabouts in Angus are you?

Regards,
    Alison

Posted: Jun 15, 2008 By: frockery Member since: Aug 15, 2007
  10. marispiper

27 0
    Hi,
    I am based at muirdrum, just outside Carnoustie. I am trying to get the hang of this syste. Can i only post messages if i am a fully subscribed member. HAve you found this site beneficial .

11. frockery

frockery UKBF Regular Full Member - Verified Business

383 56
    I'm just back from Arbroath, actually. :)

You can post messages here as a registered user, but I think you may have to have a certain number of posts before you can post links and have to be a paid up member to have a link in your signature.

I have personally found UKBF an absolutely brilliant resource since joining, although as I've got busier, I have had rather less time to post. You can always be sure of great advice and support here, so I would stick around.

I am also a member of the Scottish Business Forums which I find complements UKBF very well and is useful for more local networking and discussion of business matters specific to Scotland.

Posted: Jun 15, 2008 By: frockery Member since: Aug 15, 2007
  12. Paola

Paola UKBF Newcomer Free Member

70 5
    We're based in sunny Leith, Edinburgh - I grew up in Aberdeenshire but originally i'm fae beautiful Chile (was born in the desert region so i'm still not used to the cold...even after all these years...are we going to have a summer this year??).

Leith is cool and has the best pubs/cafes and it's own cutural scene, lots of creatives down here too...

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 By: Paola Member since: Oct 22, 2007
  13. davidshaw89

davidshaw89 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

873 176
    Paola, I just thought you would be interested to know that on the homepage of your web site, nothing loads under the 'photo gallery' heading - its just empty space! (using IE7, windows vista)

Which part of Aberdeenshire did you live in? I am originally from Banchory...

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 By: davidshaw89 Member since: Jan 19, 2008
  14. Paola

Paola UKBF Newcomer Free Member

70 5
    Thanks Dave for that - I was aware of it, we're currently updating our site at the mo'. I lived all over from Inverurie to Aberdeen itself via Stonehaven, Banchory is a bonny place though...but I much prefer it here in Edinburgh - it's a lot more cultural with more happening and also closer to everything (no offense to anyone outside the central belt however). :)

Posted: Jun 18, 2008 By: Paola Member since: Oct 22, 2007
  15. WorldSalon

WorldSalon UKBF Newcomer Free Member

26 1
    Sunny Edinburgh here!

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 By: WorldSalon Member since: Dec 31, 2007
  16. DebbieS

DebbieS UKBF Newcomer Free Member

15 0
    Hi everyone,

Definite snoozing from me - missed the regional boards going up. I'm from the west, now live in Lanarkshire, work in Paisley, but will soon be trading in Glasgow city centre.

Marispiper - I hope you've found this forum useful - there's some great stuff here. As a pre-trader, I don't have a huge amount to contribute, but hope that changes soon!

Posted: Jun 27, 2008 By: DebbieS Member since: Apr 24, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.