Scam on different level

Discussion in 'IT & Internet' started by RBS, Mar 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RBS

RBS UKBF Ace Free Member

2,644 326
    I got email from that domain registrar:
    Thank you for contacting us.

Kindly note that the domain name has been deleted from our system.

Get in touch with the on record registrar for the same.

Find the registrar's details of the domain name at http://domainwhitepages.com/

Regards,
    Abuse Mitigation Team
    PublicDomainRegistry
    ----

So its Nominet. I got in touch with them, but they seem to be useless:
    We would definitely recommend that you report this issue to the appropriate legal authority:

To report illegal website content, please contact your local police force. You can find information on your local Police Force at http://www.police.uk/forces .

To report financial scams such as 'phishing' or 'fraud' you can contact Action Fraud athttp://www.actionfraud.police.uk/.
    ---

I insisted they should take domain down, but they responded:

Nominet are the registry for .uk domain names, we are not an authority or regulatory body. At this current time we do not have the authority to delete or shut down a .uk domain name or take action against a registrant except from the cases specified in our registration terms and conditions. This agreement does expressly prohibit any .uk domains being used for any unlawful purpose. If you believe that you have discovered a .uk domain that is being used for an unlawful purpose, we recommend that you follow one of these steps:

1. Contact the registrar that is hosting the domain. You can find the registrar for .uk domains by performing a WHOIS search.

2. Contact the police. If you believe that the activities on the domain are so serious that it is urgent to get it shut down, you should contact the police. We can suspend a domain name when alerted to its use for criminal activity by the police or other law enforcement agencies, such as National Crime Agency, Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP) or the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA). You may at the same time consider whether to inform the domain name holder that you have contacted the police.

3. Interim court order

If it is very urgent to get the domain name shut down, it is possible to get an interim court order. This is a legal action which is used to avoid damages or inconvenience until a legally binding court decision is made, something that usually takes a long time. If the website is operating illegally, we strongly recommend that you contact the police in these cases too.

If you need anything further, please do contact us on +44 (0) 1865 332244, or by email at [email protected].

Kind regards,

Posted: Mar 31, 2016 By: RBS Member since: Jul 13, 2009
  2. ExtensionsMall

ExtensionsMall UKBF Newcomer Free Member

7 1
    And it's no wonder that scammers are getting away with it, there is practically no one to stop them!

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 By: ExtensionsMall Member since: Mar 4, 2016
  3. RBS

RBS UKBF Ace Free Member

2,644 326
    I`ve given up on this, its pathetic.

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 By: RBS Member since: Jul 13, 2009
  4. frcolin

frcolin UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 1
    hello,
    They have re-opened their website with .eu extension. jkempltd (dot) eu
    I've been in contact with them by email for an ad posted on agriaffaires and machineryzone
    They are pretty good in making the deal seems real, there is even the serial number of the machines.
    But they are scammers.
    Be careful.

Posted: Jun 16, 2016 By: frcolin Member since: Jun 16, 2016
  5. frcolin

3 1
    But they are not that good when i've pushed them a little bit :
    I wrote :
    Hello,
    And will you ship it from England or directly from Russia ?
    Thanks.
    F. COLLLLLLIIIINNNNNNNNNNS

They answered :
    Dear Franck,
    Yes,we can transport the machine to Russia.
    The total price including transport to Russia is 11000 GBP.

I think i'm gonna play a little bit with them.
    Could be hilarious.

Posted: Jun 16, 2016 By: frcolin Member since: Jun 16, 2016
  6. frcolin

3 1
    I've asked them their bank account number, here what they said :
    "If you are interested in this machine we need the following information from you or the company that is making this purchase in order to send you a pro-forma invoice:
    - Company name / Person
    - VAT No
    - Address
    - Country
    - Postal code"

So i guess as icing on the cake, they want to use my company details to make other scams. Sort of identity theft such as they did with the "real" J Kemp Ltd.

Posted: Jun 17, 2016 By: frcolin Member since: Jun 16, 2016
  7. Emu

Emu UKBF Contributor Free Member

49 11
    I do quite a bit of blackhat SEO hang around on several russian IRC/ICQ/encrypted chats they call this type of thing "brand usurpation" and are looking at ways to use real world businesses in their scams, usually if you get involved in this sort of thing you wont just be giving away your cash you will probably be 1 node in a chain away from money laundering.
    The "latest" thing they are doing is picking up on new whois registrations, checking what company the domain was registered with and emailing out to the new owner as if they were the registration company/domain registrar with an official but badly spelled email asking you to make a one off payment for search engine submission so if you register any domains keep an eye out for follow up emails from the place you just registered with.
    I know its immoral and I know its not nice when someone is scammed but I admire the creativity of some of these guys, however, they always seem to drop the ball on really simple things like email wording or something....

Posted: Jun 21, 2016 By: Emu Member since: Jun 13, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.