Sample fees

Discussion in 'Opencart Support' started by Girocad4, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Girocad4

Girocad4 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hello all. I wanted your collective advice on something:

I am just starting importing from China and have contacted a number of manafacturers regarding their products and about samples - most suppliers tend to have a modest arrangement for this I.e. slightly higher cost per unit etc (I can fully understand this).

I just received an e-mail from one supplier who has quoted 50usd per unit (at MOQ the cost per unit is circa 4usd).
    This feels very expensive to me - the caveat is that they will take the cost off your first order.

The point of a sample is to determine if you would feel the quality is something you’d want to sell, so spending 230usd on three samples of items costing 4usd seems a huge outlay.

My question is:
    A. do you all think this is reasonable?
    B. Are there any standard patterns of sample vs bulk order prices that you are aware of and that I should be aware of?

Thank you in advance.

Posted: Dec 10, 2017 By: Girocad4 Member since: Dec 10, 2017
  2. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

If its too expensive then try another company.

Posted: Dec 10, 2017 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  3. Girocad4

Girocad4 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Never a truer word said Mr D. I just wondered if there were norms?

Posted: Dec 10, 2017 By: Girocad4 Member since: Dec 10, 2017
  4. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

Most I've paid for a sample pack was $20, plus shipping. Another few dollars.
    That was very much a pack though, about 80 of the range I was after in different sizes and paper quality.
    Actual MOQ order price per unit for each of them ranged from about 6c to 35c so $20 was not too bad.
    Never purchased anything large from that part of the world though. My bigger items have been Africa, Australia and Japan.

Posted: Dec 10, 2017 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017