Sales, Marketing & PR Brought to you by Adzooma

Rules about cold e-mails?

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing & PR' started by Digimem, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Alexavine

Alexavine UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 0
    I really liked 10 rules mentioned above, I totally agree with it but I would also add that very important thing is correct personalization in CM. Do not send spam, send an offer that is well personalized, with recipient name, company name, job position or so on. They will feel that somehow the offer was prepared only for them.

Posted: Mar 3, 2018 By: Alexavine Member since: Mar 2, 2018
  2. websensejim

websensejim UKBF Contributor Full Member

79 16
    Cold emails are tough but if you do your research on the recipient, their business, their customers, pain points, etc and you send them a concise, personal message, you'll stand a better chance of a) them opening it b) reading it, and c) getting a reply. Think carefully about what you put it in the subject headline, most emails are rejected on this basis alone. And never send an email from your gmail or other free webmail account. Straight in the bin.

Cold calls are the worst, in my opinion. I never answer them, ever. It might be the greatest business opportunity in the world, but unless I have advance notice that they'll be calling me, their call gets ignored. Make contact first, before calling.

Posted: Mar 3, 2018 By: websensejim Member since: Jul 22, 2015
  3. Paddy Horgan

Paddy Horgan UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4 0
    Piping in a bit late... i have similar questions on this and this was very helpful.

But how will cold emailing other companies be changing in may with the new legislation?

Posted: Mar 7, 2018 By: Paddy Horgan Member since: Mar 7, 2018