Royal Mail Tracked 24/48 Profile Review

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by mpollard, Apr 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpollard

mpollard UKBF Newcomer Free Member

18 1
    Hi All,

I have received a letter today from Royal Mail to say that they are increasing our Tracked 24 service from £3.96 to £4.88 and our Tracked 48 service from £2.94 to £3.52. (Excluding VAT and surcharges)

This is quite an increase!

I was wondering, if anyone knew, whether then was a price increase across the service or whether this is just an increase based on our profile service alone? I am guessing that I won't be able to use this service anymore if this is the case as this is far too high for our orders.

Our RM account manager was replaced on the 1st of April and has yet to contact me so I thought I would gauge opinion on the forum.

Many thanks

Posted: Apr 3, 2019 By: mpollard Member since: Mar 30, 2013
  2. WebDesires

WebDesires UKBF Regular Full Member

261 44
    From what I've seen and heard around is that they have increased prices across the service. I know that stamp prices have gone up 2 years in a row at the end of March. Maybe these services are following a similar pattern but every other year?

Posted: Apr 3, 2019 By: WebDesires Member since: Feb 23, 2016
  3. mpollard

18 1
    A 20% increase on Tracked48 and 23% on Tracked24 is quite a jump though?

I am just working on a new website, actually hoping to launch this weekend so I may need to reassess our P&P options.

I'd be interested to hear whether others have seen an increase and whether this is something we should have expected

4. UrbanRetail

UrbanRetail UKBF Regular Free Member

251 76
    We have been advised of an increase but not quite inline with the figures you have quoted above.

Posted: Apr 3, 2019 By: UrbanRetail Member since: Mar 3, 2012
  5. mpollard

18 1
    Not quite in line or no where near?

6. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

24,536 2,985
    I don't even bother with the tracked services.
    Instead using the normal scanning applicable on the CRL 24 and 48 post. So far every buyer who has claimed INR has found the item after I have told them what time and date it was delivered to their house.

Posted: Apr 3, 2019 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  7. Steven Ayrshire

Steven Ayrshire UKBF Newcomer Free Member

17 7
    It is worth knowing that any parcels above small parcel (1st Class or 2nd) have an included tracking number which is scanned on delivery.
    It is on your receipt from the post office, and I have found it useful for customers who don't want or need things signed for.

Hope that helps

Posted: Apr 3, 2019 By: Steven Ayrshire Member since: Jan 30, 2019
  8. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

24,536 2,985
    Parcels (up to parcel limit) and large letter.

Posted: Apr 3, 2019 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  9. pelparc

pelparc UKBF Regular Free Member

265 34
    Unless your items are of a very high value or you are selling to very dodgy customers then i would just use the normal parcel and large letter post. Since they have added the 2d barcode system all items are tracked (not that you get any details) and you finally get delivery conformation. Cant even remember the last item RM didn't deliver. ebay even take this as conformation of delivery and you are covered by them if the customer did claim none delivery.

Posted: Apr 4, 2019 By: pelparc Member since: Apr 10, 2017
  10. SamStones

SamStones UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

1,053 134
    Such an increase will be based on your posting profile including factors such as quantity of items sent, size of items being sent and geographical distribution.

Posted: Apr 4, 2019 By: SamStones Member since: Mar 1, 2010
  11. mpollard

18 1
    We use tracked 24/48 for orders over £40-50 and also our small parcels. Everything else is sent using RM OBA Large Letters.

I guess we need to wait to get a new Account Manager and discuss with them what are out best options. I did like the notifications for our customers on the Tracked service and we don't really have problems with items going missing in general.

What system are you using? Click and Drop or OBA?
    I can't seem to work out what codes I should use for Small Parcels in OBA now, since we changed the the barcode unsorted code for our large letters.

Posted: Apr 4, 2019 By: mpollard Member since: Mar 30, 2013
  12. pelparc

pelparc UKBF Regular Free Member

265 34
    We use Click and Drop which is automatically linked to our OBA. When you create an order in click and drop you can select what method (code) to use. If you only have a few orders you can create a shipment 1 by 1 which can be a Pain as you have to enter the address. You can however upload the orders in batches which makes life easier.

Posted: Apr 4, 2019 By: pelparc Member since: Apr 10, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.