Royal mail leaflet drops?

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Dandig, Nov 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe E

Joe E Contributor

431 72
    Appreciated that an independent worker like your dad can make it pay as he obviously has got extensive local knowledge and has time to do a good job. What I was saying is that is Distribution company with FT/PT staff cannot possibly charge so low for a Solus Delivery and firstly pay the staff correctly & legally secondly make any money therefore leading to a very poor service for thier clients there is also the matter of insurance which has to be factored in at some point as well

Posted: Nov 26, 2009 By: Joe E Member since: Oct 24, 2007
  2. Hedgie

Hedgie Contributor

2,310 305
    Granted I will be reviewing the Solus pricing as I take your point that it is low in comparision to the majority of leaflets companies and I will probably increase this to £55 from January. At present the Solus is a bit of a lost leader to gain client trust etc. The shared option will depend on the number of other leaflets being delivered at the same time so I may put a staggered pricing structure in place for this.

As for the minimum wage etc, a the business is a fledgling business I only use part time labour along with myself to deliver. As the business builds up then yes I will review the use of full time or part time staff and the wage structure but I will never pay below minimum wage.

The leaflet distribuiton is only part of the business structure, we operate a cycle courier, florist delivery and parcel delivery service as well :)

Posted: Nov 26, 2009 By: Hedgie Member since: Aug 17, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.