Royal Mail checking what we send - Red X Day

Discussion in 'Websites & Ecommerce' started by danny156, Feb 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danny156

danny156 UKBF Regular Free Member

140 5
    Our collection driver told us on Monday we would have a 'Red X Day' on Tuesday where they would check every item we send to make sure it matches the order exactly weight wise and PPI label wise

I knew they do this but didn't know they told us beforehand - I thought it was all spot checks

Does anyone have any experience in this ?

Danny

Posted: Feb 14, 2013 By: danny156 Member since: Jan 11, 2011
  2. AndyP

AndyP UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

850 174
    well they don't exactly check every item as its all based on average weights....they just do a combination check to ensure that if you say you have x packages with an average weight of y grams that the two together equals your total stated weight...as long as you are doing things correctly then its no biggie....they tend to do it to new customers and then once or maybe twice a year..... or possibly more without telling you I guess :)

Posted: Feb 14, 2013 By: AndyP Member since: Oct 11, 2008
  3. danny156

danny156 UKBF Regular Free Member

140 5
    Well that was what surprised us the fact the collections guy actually told us which meant we were able to double check to ensure we were doing it correctly - lol

I just assumed it was spot checked - so has anybody else ever been told ?

Danny

Posted: Feb 14, 2013 By: danny156 Member since: Jan 11, 2011
  4. AndyP

AndyP UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

850 174
    yes...I do seem to recall knowing about it in advance when we first started using PPI.... maybe its just an early days gentle reminder to make sure you are playing the game, so to speak..... then later down the line maybe they are not so accommodating if they spot check and find you are screwing with them... who knows I guess...

Posted: Feb 14, 2013 By: AndyP Member since: Oct 11, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.