Reselling ecommerce ?

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by ro, Jul 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ro

ro UKBF Newcomer Free Member

7 0
    Hi,

Does anyone have experience of reselling ecommerce solutions ?
    I have developed a java based ecommerce system that can be templated with any look and feel, and its proved popular amongst the customers I have gained directly.. but now I'm looking further a field, at giving the system to resellers.

Should I stick with my niche and sell directly ?
    Has oscommerce cornered the market ?

Advice and suggestions welcome.

The system has proved particularly popular with record dealers and those with large inventories that they need to regularly refresh. As a result, you can upload your products and categories via a spreadsheet, and it will construct your entire shop for you.

Posted: Jul 13, 2004 By: ro Member since: Jun 3, 2004
  2. Ozzy

Ozzy Quite simply, me. Full Member - Verified Business

3,401 157
    Having developed an ecommerce package myself a few years ago, I did find sticking to a niche market and becoming the "de-facto" ecommerce provider in choicen market place quite profitable.

As for resellers, thats a tough one but here's a thought to consider...

I targetted the gift shop type industry, and gift shop shave reps visiting those shops daily. Generally reps are freelance and work for many different suppliers - so I become another supplier for them and worked on a commission only basis. It worked well for all concerned.
    This theory can be applied to any industry and all industries have "reps" for suppliers.

Posted: Jul 16, 2004 By: Ozzy Member since: Feb 9, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.