Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, make sure to follow us on Twitter! Say hi and we'll be sure to follow back!

Registering as a seller on Amazon UK

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by Skillboy, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Skillboy

Skillboy UKBF Contributor Free Member

30 0
    Hi

Need some help as I'm struggling to register as a seller on Amazon UK.

I plan to register as a UK Limited Company. The documents that Amazon asks for are:
    • Current Appointments Report (CAR) dated from the past 90 day
    • Utility Bill, Bank Statement or Credit Card Statement in the name of the Business and dated from the past 90 days
    • Articles of Association
    • Memorandum of Association or Statement of Capital
    I don't seem to have the "Articles of Association" doc anywhere. When I registered the company I was only sent (by email) Certificate of Incorporation and Memorandum of Association.

Any idea where I can get my company's Articles of Association document?

Posted: Mar 3, 2018 By: Skillboy Member since: Feb 16, 2017
  2. RSR Fulfillment (FR & DE)

RSR Fulfillment (FR & DE) UKBF Regular Free Member

136 13
    I can't offer advice as I can't remember all the paper chasing, there was so much. But I can let you know what might be coming. It took 7 months before they allowed our account to open. Success came about a week after we managed to get the email of the boss of amazon uk to complain about the incompetence of the verification people.

We sent all the initial stuff off and then they asked for this and then they asked for that and this and that and this and that. And it went on and on and on and there was normally at least two weeks in between us submitting the latest required document and us getting a reply that it was not good enough or incomplete or something.

If I was doing it again, I'd probably hire a consultant to open my amazon seller account or buy one off the shelf. 7 months of lost sales for trying to do it ourselves.

No doubt the next post will be from someone that experienced no problems at all.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    Posted: Mar 7, 2018 By: RSR Fulfillment (FR & DE) Member since: Dec 8, 2017
  3. Skillboy

Skillboy UKBF Contributor Free Member

30 0
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm not sure why the process takes so long but I'll submit my company docs and see how it goes.

When you registered your account did you do it as a UK company limited, sole trader or other?

Posted: Mar 7, 2018 By: Skillboy Member since: Feb 16, 2017
  4. RSR Fulfillment (FR & DE)

RSR Fulfillment (FR & DE) UKBF Regular Free Member

136 13
    Sole trader but after about 3 months waiting we told the we had formed a ltd company. Mistake! they could not cope with such unreasonable changes in our business!

Posted: Mar 7, 2018 By: RSR Fulfillment (FR & DE) Member since: Dec 8, 2017
  5. GraemeL

GraemeL Pain in the neck? Full Member - Verified Business

4,899 1,046
    You will only have Articles of Association when the Limited Company is formed. If you have not formed one then dont say you have to Amazon as you will fail.

Posted: Mar 7, 2018 By: GraemeL Member since: Sep 7, 2011
  6. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

7,419 775
    My verification for a limited company took about 6 weeks last time. Had to supply bank account statement.
    Paypal required far more to verify the account than amazon did. Had to even to a letter of authorisation from the company for paypal.

Posted: Mar 7, 2018 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017