General Business Forum Brought to you by Salesforce

Registered office services guidance on mail forwarding

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Snowman1234, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Snowman1234

Snowman1234 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    We currently use a Midlands based virtual registered office service, comprising an address and separately mail forwarding for HMRC and Companies House.

I think I'm being given a sales pitch defense from my service provider who charges separately for mail forwarding. I've asked for all mail to be scanned and emailed to me, rather than posted - several competitors seem to do this for free and throw in a directors service address as well. In so doing, competitors are around 30 quid less.

My current service provider says there are "security issues" with email forwarding. Well my letterbox is a security issue, especially when it rains and the mail gets wet, and i don't like postal delays.

Can anyone relate their experiences and recommendations to maybe switch to another reliable / cheaper service.

Posted: Jan 11, 2021 By: Snowman1234 Member since: Jan 29, 2019
  2. Beyond

Beyond UKBF Contributor Free Member

39 7
    I use Hoxton mix for 4 or 5 years, very good and had no problems with them www.hoxtonmix.com

Posted: Jan 11, 2021 By: Beyond Member since: Jun 6, 2018
  3. Aniela

Aniela UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

627 82
    Because careful with services that offer free mail forwarding via email. Usually, the ones that do it for free, only do it for 'official letters' from HMRC etc. Anything else they charge for, so it's not always actually free.

Email forwarding of letters is actually a really bad security risk, so they're not wrong on that, even if they are trying too hard to sell it to you.

You generally don't want bank statements and important business information being flung around in emails. Physical mail is much safer for business mail.

It's also important for certain documents. A lot of companies, banks etc wont allow you to send them an emailed bank statement, or sign a document that was scanned and then printed, they require you to sign the original... which you can't do without having the original in the post.

Posted: Jan 11, 2021 By: Aniela Member since: Mar 28, 2020
  4. Oscar478

Oscar478 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

22 3
    I use 'yourcompanyformations' - seperate to the registered office and directors service address, which is a nominal annual fee, I pay around £90 for the ability to use their address as my trading address. This includes mail forwarding at a fee. I have requested that this is emailed to me instead, and they do this without quibbling. I do not get HMRC or bank stuff sent there, so is reasonably safe.
    They are very good BTW. I've been with them for 3 or 4 years, and they do not screw you with renewal prices like many others do. 'Set up your company for only £30 with a free directors service address **renewal £600 per annum.'

Posted: Jan 11, 2021 By: Oscar478 Member since: Sep 6, 2017