Recording a customer’s information

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by joshl5, Apr 28, 2019.

1. joshl5

joshl5 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

23 0
    Guys,

I have an app, which offers discounts whenever a customer uses my app in a store. It is the weekend so I want answers before I speak to my app development teams come tomorrow.

I would like to record:

* Total Spend
    * Customer Number
    * Time & Date of transaction
    * Venue

Which software would you use to collate the information and would you have to set up a separate server for the information to be then sent to me to access remotely?

I am thinking of having a QR code which a user scans, the information is then encrypted and sent to a hard drive which is connected to the internet wirelessly, this is then forwarded onto me so I receive live updates... I will also set up emergency alerts of when signal is lost.

Has anyone ever used something like this in their business?

Let me know how it went.

Posted: Apr 28, 2019 By: joshl5 Member since: May 26, 2012
  2. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

30,205 8,873
    It’s not going to work the way you want.

The QR code won’t know how much was spent unless it’s integrated with the EPOS. And this won’t talk to the customer’s phone so you won’t be able to connect the two.

The only was this will work is if the EPOS scans a loyalty card or an app on the phone.

You can then use push notifications for the offers.

But there are already dozens of apps and systems that do this.

Posted: Apr 28, 2019 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  3. I_DO_MARKETING

I_DO_MARKETING UKBF Regular Free Member

371 97
    Yes, your app will need a command and control server in place that will collect transaction info from the app.

Your easy move is to copy what is out there already and have the shopper scan their receipt that you then ocr - either in app or on the server.

With a bit of creativity you could potentially make something of it but it needs some work.

Posted: Apr 28, 2019 By: I_DO_MARKETING Member since: Oct 24, 2015