Recession is great for new room rental business

Discussion in 'Press Releases' started by Flatmate, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Flatmate

Flatmate UKBF Regular Free Member

203 5
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]A young entrepreneur from Warrington believes the recession will give the best possible chance of success to a new business he is launching nationally.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]26-year-old Gareth Pugh has just launched FlatMateRooms.co.uk, a unique website that matches tenants and landlords with a spare room to rent.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]He's confident it will revolutionise the way people rent their spare rooms out.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The site has been tested locally in the last few weeks, and is now being rolled out on a national basis.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Gareth came up with the idea while travelling in Dublin and believes the recession will see it quickly attract a large customer base.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]He said: "I needed somewhere to stay in Dublin and went into an internet café to look for adverts for rooms. Chatting to the other seven people using computers there, I realised they were after the same thing. It was the same situation in two other internet cafes I visited.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"The demand for rooms is massive in every town and city, not just in popular tourist destinations.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"You can earn up to £4,250 a year tax free renting a room. Some landlords earn more than £6,000 a year doing it. That's vital cash that could keep a family afloat during the hard year ahead. And it helps tenants who can't afford to get a place of their own."[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The concept of putting landlords and tenants together on the internet isn't new.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]But Gareth has worked out a simpler business model to other sites where the landlord pays for the adverts, and tenants get full access for free.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Tests show this helps the landlord rent their room much more quickly, earning them money instantly.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Gareth has invested heavily in building the website, spending months getting the look and functionality perfect.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It is also packed with information for wannabe landlords and people renting their first room.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]He added: "Buying or renting a property is out of reach for many people, and many homeowners are really feeling the pinch at the moment. This idea puts the two together so everyone benefits."[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In an introductory offer, landlords can get their first month's advertising free, by visiting www.flatmaterooms.co.uk.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]NOTES TO EDITORS[/FONT]

·[FONT=&quot]For any further information or interviews please contact Gareth Pugh on 01925 243205 | 07515 871730, or email [email protected] [/FONT]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
    Posted: Feb 11, 2009 By: Flatmate Member since: May 9, 2007
  2. PointandStare

PointandStare UKBF Newcomer Free Member

940 192
    Looks good but what's 'unique' about it?

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 By: PointandStare Member since: Apr 20, 2008
  3. diver32

diver32 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

32 3
    A bit confusing to post in the 3rd party FMR, I assume you are Gareth ?

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 By: diver32 Member since: Jan 14, 2009
  4. maria102

maria102 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3,638 470
    I thought there were loads set up like this already? I used them two years ago, Easyroomate etc..

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 By: maria102 Member since: Oct 25, 2005
  5. Flatmate

203 5
    Hello what we did different from our rivals was be honest, a lot of our rivals say that their membership is free, then members find out to view other peoples contact details they charge

We decided to bring in a better pricing structure where all tenants use the site for free with no catches, and all landlords pay around 19.99 for 30 days membership

This structure will benefit the landlords and potential tenants immensely

Sorry for any confusion hope this helps clear things up[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 By: Flatmate Member since: May 9, 2007
  6. maria102

3,638 470
    Sorry to carry this on, but I paid a 30 day membership when I signed up, I really cannot see what you are doing differently.

7. HC-Martin

HC-Martin UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1,717 67
    On a more positive note, site looks good. Just need to get some more flats on there now lol!

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 By: HC-Martin Member since: Nov 11, 2006
  8. Faith28

Faith28 UKBF Ace Free Member

2,107 151
    Press releases will be presented like this.

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 By: Faith28 Member since: Dec 2, 2005
  9. Flatmate

203 5
    Let me explain lol

Easyroommate offer free membership but members cannot contact anyone unless they pay

or

unless the person you are contacting has paid

so as you can see this is confusing

so if a free member (tenant) tries to contact a free member (landlord) they can't unless one ends up paying for membership

So with us we decided to simplify the process

Letting all tenants use the site free
    and all landlords get great value membership

and everyone can contact everyone straight away

10. maria102

3,638 470
    But its the same outcome though, 30days membership and you can contact tenants and whatever the other one was that I used was more straight forward.

Either way, I think its a great business if you can make a mark, especially in this climated more people will be looking to rent out rooms than ever before.

11. diver32

32 3
    Most press releases are written by someone else. Still think it is an odd way to post about yourself.

12. Flatmate

203 5
    It is written by someone else, My PR company, This is a press release section lol

13. diver32

32 3
    OK I concede :redface:
    I only search forums using the new posts feature.

14. 10 Yetis

10 Yetis UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2,383 144
    Great press release, hope it does well

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 By: 10 Yetis Member since: Nov 3, 2004
  15. Faith28

Faith28 UKBF Ace Free Member

2,107 151
    Eh? Even if you wrote it yourself you'd still write in the narrator voice.

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 By: Faith28 Member since: Dec 2, 2005