Real estate company start up advice

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Dan149, Sep 13, 2019 at 11:31 PM.

1. Dan149

Dan149 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

6 0
    Hi I just thought I'd come on here and find out what everyone's own experiences have been towards lease options and packaging deals for other investors?

I want to acquire properties in my home town through lease option agreements as I will be starting with limited funds. Our city has unveiled plans for a large expansion in the years to follow which will see a massive increase from current property prices. They have also seen an increase to the demand in the tourist industry meaning landlords who have their properties rented through sites such as Air bnb are currently seeing a massive demand for their services and expecting larger.

I am a construction worker and have a team behind me that can help undertake any works if needs be but i know if i am binded by an agreement to take on a property that needs extensive works then i will more than likely be hooked into buying it in the future so I want to find a home that is moveable or with little works needed, have any of you seen this to be possible often?

With regards to deal sourcing I would like to do this if I see properties are unsuitable for myself but they are perfect for an investor, I know that I would need to be registered property compliant in order to do so but I want to find out how much costs would it be associated with this as a start up? I know I also need 2 contracts to be signed by the seller and the buyers with my finders fee agreed with both parties but I would like help to establish fully the costs associated and what is the best way to advertise our services either through Door to Door leaflets/Cold calling or targetted ad words and social media, what is the most effective strategy?

Also one last point, with starting through a limited company I'm not sure if this would be a good way to go as the home would be legally still the landlord's until I have my option to purchase if I do. Could anyone give me any information towards this and tax laws?

Any help is much appreciated and thanks for reading

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 11:31 PM By: Dan149 Member since: Jul 26, 2019
  2. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

16,094 1,796
    Home that is moveable? A caravan.

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 11:54 PM By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  3. Dan149

Dan149 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

6 0
    Meant to say able to move into, autocorrect has changed it

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 9:01 PM By: Dan149 Member since: Jul 26, 2019
  4. mattk

mattk UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1,744 713
    I'm not sure what your business plan actually is. Are you going to rent homes from landlords and then sublease them out either to tenants or via AirBnB?

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 10:02 AM By: mattk Member since: Dec 5, 2005
  5. Gordon - Commercial Finance

Gordon - Commercial Finance UKBF Ace Free Member

1,470 381
    Seems to me like the plan is rent-to-rent or rent-to-serviced accommodation, as well as property sourcing, however the OP's use of non-standard and American terminology, as well as a few other things suggests that they don't really know what they're trying to do.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 11:53 AM By: Gordon - Commercial Finance Member since: Jun 26, 2017