Putting your Certificates on your website

Discussion in 'Tradespeople' started by D.G Holdings and Procurement, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D.G Holdings and Procurement

D.G Holdings and Procurement UKBF Newcomer Free Member

56 3
    Hi all,

I have a friend who is a qualified electrician. He is wanting to branch out and start working for himself. He has decided to start a website advertising his services but does not know whether to visually display his qualifications on the website as a consumer confidence aid.

So the question is;

In your opinion is it a good idea for a trades person to display their qualifications on their website for any potential customers to view?

Now i think he means actually having the images of his qualifications on his website and not just having it in text what qualifications he has got.

Thanks in advance.

Posted: Jul 14, 2011 By: D.G Holdings and Procurement Member since: May 15, 2011
  2. Attaintm

Attaintm UKBF Newcomer Free Member

77 12
    I think listing the certificates held on-line would be sufficient

Posted: Jul 14, 2011 By: Attaintm Member since: May 23, 2011
  3. TheGuru2010

TheGuru2010 UKBF Enthusiast Full Member

929 106
    Agreed that listing what he holds should be more than enough (he can always provide proof when requested) - Has he thought about building a testimonals section on the website & showing these also?

Posted: Jul 14, 2011 By: TheGuru2010 Member since: May 11, 2010
  4. D.G Holdings and Procurement

56 3
    Well at this stage he is just collating ideas of the content he wants to include. I agree testimonials will be a good idea to verify the quality of his work.

Posted: Jul 14, 2011 By: D.G Holdings and Procurement Member since: May 15, 2011
  5. estwig

estwig UKBF Legend Free Member

12,652 4,525
    If that is all he's got it won't impress anyone, people expect an electrician to be qualified, the fact he feels the need to prove it looks odd.

He needs to be NICEIC, or whatever, plus buy with confidence, FMB, or guild of master craftsmen. He needs some trust badges.

Posted: Jul 14, 2011 By: estwig Member since: Sep 29, 2006
  6. Montaigne

Montaigne UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1,061 312
    Visual is always better than having to read a list I think. At a glance they'll be able to see the NICEIC logo, IPAF, C&G 2391, CHAS etc. Just looking at a web page with those accreditations/qualifications on them will have an effect if the person looking is already familiar with them so if they're just skipping pages they'll spot them right away whereas if they have to read the text they could just miss them.

Even if they don't consciously notice them they may subconsciously spot them. Accreditations such as the NICEIC are universally recognised and generate positive emotions i.e. trust, reliability etc so that will be flagged up as well through a person just scanning the logos.

Posted: Jul 14, 2011 By: Montaigne Member since: Jul 9, 2011
  7. D.G Holdings and Procurement

56 3
    Well i will pass that onto him. Like i said this is in it's infancy at the moment and he hasn't got a clue and to be honest when it comes to the trades and content for websites neither do i

8. Montaigne

1,061 312
    Everyone has to start somewhere :)

Posted: Jul 15, 2011 By: Montaigne Member since: Jul 9, 2011
  9. D.G Holdings and Procurement

56 3
    Thanks so far, i appreciate all the information

Posted: Jul 15, 2011 By: D.G Holdings and Procurement Member since: May 15, 2011
  10. draelectricals

draelectricals UKBF Regular Free Member

321 22
    I think it probably depends on the clients - I had my certificates on my site for over a year, not once were they viewed or downloaded, yet in that time I gained many new clients

Posted: Jul 27, 2011 By: draelectricals Member since: Mar 10, 2010
  11. Montaigne

1,061 312
    Drae, what do you charge for PAT testing and FIT?

Posted: Jul 27, 2011 By: Montaigne Member since: Jul 9, 2011
  12. Montaigne

1,061 312
    Never mind Drae, I've just seen your private message :) Replying now.

Posted: Jul 27, 2011 By: Montaigne Member since: Jul 9, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.