Promotion with No Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Byre

Legacy Full Member
Aug 13, 2013
Dear Namsoni, so far you have written over 2,000 words. As I have written for a living and was an employer of journalists, I know how long that takes.

If you are at work, you obviously have too much time on your hands, if you are at home, may I suggest you do something more constructive, that furthers your career.

Upvote 0
I will now repeat what I said initially 'thank god you are not my employee'.

I made no assumption, I asked a question, I was 100% honest in my 'thoughts' Maybe you are used to the corporate BS world where people talk in nice fluffy PC chat etc. but I am talking to you from the other side of the table. You may not like it, but this is how the other side think (even though in the fluff politically correct world of corporate stuff they don't say it).

there is a saying in life, if you are not prepared to accept the answers, don't ask the question.

Reactions: The Byre
Upvote 0

namsoni

Free Member
Aug 6, 2015
Dear Namsoni, so far you have written over 2,000 words. As I have written for a living and was an employer of journalists, I know how long that takes.

If you are at work, you obviously have too much time on your hands, if you are at home, may I suggest you do something more constructive, that furthers your career.

No, I'm not at work, but I do need somebody to do a word count for a report I am working on, so I'll keep you in mind.

Reactions: beasty
Upvote 0

namsoni

Free Member
Aug 6, 2015
I will now repeat what I said initially 'thank god you are not my employee'.

I made no assumption, I asked a question, I was 100% honest in my 'thoughts' Maybe you are used to the corporate BS world where people talk in nice fluffy PC chat etc. but I am talking to you from the other side of the table. You may not like it, but this is how the other side think (even though in the fluff politically correct world of corporate stuff they don't say it).

there is a saying in life, if you are not prepared to accept the answers, don't ask the question.

"Politically correct" "100% honest". Just add in the phrase "just saying it like it is", and you'll fully confirm the suspicions I have of you as a person. You could even throw in "speaking my mind"

Upvote 0
WOW, you really are a 'not very nice' person are you. :(

I have clearly offended you in my straight talking manner, but you asked for opinions and I drew conclusions. some of them were wrong (and have changed as more information has come to light), but I do find your
"and you'll fully confirm the suspicions I have of you as a person"

Pretty offensive, as you don't know me as a person, you only know me in the VERY narrow confines of the context of this specific thread in which you have a deep investment'.

Anyhow apologies for any offence caused to you. I was trying to be honest and 'speak my mind' ;)

Upvote 0

namsoni

Free Member
Aug 6, 2015
WOW, you really are a 'not very nice' person are you. :(

I have clearly offended you in my straight talking manner, but you asked for opinions and I drew conclusions. some of them were wrong (and have changed as more information has come to light), but I do find your
"and you'll fully confirm the suspicions I have of you as a person"

Pretty offensive, as you don't know me as a person, you only know me in the VERY narrow confines of the context of this specific thread in which you have a deep investment'.

Anyhow apologies for any offence caused to you. I was trying to be honest and 'speak my mind' ;)

"Straight talking" - it's like bingo! But also, if you notice I was careful not to declare what those suspicions were. They could be entirely complimentary for all you know ;)

Upvote 0
Utterly bizarre that the two of you who have replied first, have instead of replying to merits of my post as was written, you've speculated on what sector my employment is in and my interaction with colleagues.

What is utterly bizarre namsoni, is that someone with a law degree cannot see that a reply has commented quite clearly on the merits of your post.

You suggested that you could bring some sort of discriminatory case against them:

I understand I could bring some sort of discriminatory case against them, i.e. I and other interested candidates were excluded from consideration for the post without any justification, and excluded from even being able to express an interest. This interest was legitimately held given that it was announced at an all staff meeting (minuted), that they would be going out to recruit for the post.

Grateful for any advice or opinions.

And I in turn explained that a discrimination claim is just ridiculous, giving reasons why.

A “discrimination” claim is just ridiculous, and a typical abuse of the phrase. Yes, it may well be treating some categories of people less favourable than others, but the law doesn’t offer you any protection against this unless the reason is for a “protected characteristic”: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2010/15/section/4.

And I have no idea what you’re implying with

With respect I have a law degree. I am not a practising lawyer, hence why I am seeking advice, but "violating" is often used term used to discuss breach of policies. Nothing emotive about it. As is using the term discrimination. Feel free comment on the merits of my claim, but please refrain from projecting tone and emotion onto those words.

but it was quite clear from your opening post that you were interested to bring a claim for discrimination, not for a breach of policies, and quite simply such an idea is ridiculous.

Karl Limpert

Upvote 0

namsoni

Free Member
Aug 6, 2015
What is utterly bizarre namsoni, is that someone with a law degree cannot see that a reply has commented quite clearly on the merits of your post.

You suggested that you could bring some sort of discriminatory case against them:

And I in turn explained that a discrimination claim is just ridiculous, giving reasons why.

And I have no idea what you’re implying with

but it was quite clear from your opening post that you were interested to bring a claim for discrimination, not for a breach of policies, and quite simply such an idea is ridiculous.

Karl Limpert

Yes, I conceded there is not discriminatory case. Thank you for the clarification.

You're also right it wasn't clear from the initial post that I was also enquiring about a breach of policy.

Upvote 0

Sparx

Free Member
Sep 16, 2010
OP I agree, I think it's clear why you didn't get the promotion you feel you so rightly deserve.

You may have the knowledge and drive for the role, but your personality really does not bode well when communicating or working with others. Definitely something to brush up on for next time.

Best wishes. :)

Upvote 0

Maxwell83

Free Member
Aug 4, 2012
Wow, just wow.

To the OP, I also have a law degree, and I am a Chartered Legal Executive and so I offer here my professional opinion ;):

Get over it, take a look in the mirror (or re-read your posts) and understand how you come across in communications. You are abrasive (sorry, but it's true, at least from the way you have communicated in these posts) and likely your employer would rather keep you in a role which gives you less interaction with important people both in and out of the company (or at least less status behind those interactions).

Sure, you may be 'like this' because you have anonymity here and perhaps in the real world you come across much more likeable, but (and again this is in my professional opinion) that is not really the case is it...

* Please note, all the stuff I said about being a professional was in jest - I do have the qualifications but I am the least 'professional' person you could come across. I'm actually a total clown both at work and in real life but for some reason, people like me anyway and I had lot's of undeserved promotions before starting my own successful business :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Subscribe to our newsletters

ukbf logo
ukbf logo

Real community whatever your business.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu