Product titles

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by RSR Fulfillment (FR & DE), Feb 8, 2019.

1. UKSBD

UKSBD Not a real duck Staff Member

9,202 1,725
    Not necessarily, I would assume it depends how many people are selling the brands products and how big the brand.

For instance *Marks and Spencer Flowers* does return shopping ads

Posted: Feb 9, 2019 By: UKSBD Member since: Dec 30, 2005
  2. RSR Fulfillment (FR & DE)

RSR Fulfillment (FR & DE) UKBF Regular Free Member

191 16
    yes right, i am leaving a bunch of branded products that we retail with their name at the front, but we don't really have much of a brand yet for our own products.

do you know if the other content is counted for a google shopping search, or just the title field?

Posted: Feb 9, 2019 By: RSR Fulfillment (FR & DE) Member since: Dec 8, 2017
  3. Paul Carmen

Paul Carmen UKBF Regular Full Member - Verified Business

250 58
    It depends on the market, product type and then the customers behaviour, as Google's AI is good enough now to understand the search intent based on what the customer does afterwards and what type of sites are ranking organically for the search terms.

The other significant factor that applies to you is the country/language the search is in, as due to language syntax, verbs and brands are placed differently.

Google has got very good at search intent and in some markets it makes very little difference; e.g. a search for Panasonic 55 inch TV (or model) versus 55 inch Panasonic TV will result in shopping showing and similar results.

Where it's for parts or accessories, or complex granular searches, it's partly about the number of sellers, but what we think is similar often results in a generic search one way and a more specific search another. Hence not showing shopping for the search Google thinks is generic and non shopping related.

Whoever your Google Shopping consultant is should really be able to give you a data driven steer on this, which should allow them (you) to change with confidence, or carry out proper research into the best result.

Doing the tests/checks manually is possible, but if you have a lot of skus it's really time consuming. There are tools that allow you to research your competitors shopping results quite easily, none of them are free but many agencies/consultants will have access to them; e.g. SEMrush has a tool called PLA research that allows you to review any domains PLA (shopping) results and review the copy, title, keywords, competitors results etc.

Posted: Feb 9, 2019 By: Paul Carmen Member since: Jan 27, 2018
  4. RSR Fulfillment (FR & DE)

191 16

Thanks for this, there is some obvious stuff to do even so i think.- ie there is clutter in my listings. and i assume that the more clutter, the more diluted the key words get when searched, regardless of position?

Posted: Feb 9, 2019 By: RSR Fulfillment (FR & DE) Member since: Dec 8, 2017
  5. UKSBD

UKSBD Not a real duck Staff Member

9,202 1,725
    You can see if words in the description are picked up by filtering it so only your results are displayed then searching for a word in the description (please don't click on any of these results) - https://www.google.co.uk/search?&tbm=shop&q=length&tbs=seller:129845520

Change the seller id number to yours and search for a word you use in your description.

To be honest I seldom to shopping ads, so don't really know how much weight Google gives to descriptions

Posted: Feb 9, 2019 By: UKSBD Member since: Dec 30, 2005
  6. justleads

justleads UKBF Newcomer Free Member

27 0
    "long tail" keywords (say >4 words) are not easy to deal with, need an expert. So as mentioned above, most people search with 2-3 words, max, not bothering to put them in your logical que.
    So maybe (?) she is right, and giving prefence to the "main" search terms is more important than keeping your perfectly logical construct of the name. It will "click" more often with the simple 2-3 words search... I hope I made it clear?

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 By: justleads Member since: Feb 3, 2019
  7. RSR Fulfillment (FR & DE)

191 16
    yes it makes sense. and what about this? Germans are searching completely the other way round to the French in the ad keyword search summaries
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 By: RSR Fulfillment (FR & DE) Member since: Dec 8, 2017
  8. RSR Fulfillment (FR & DE)

191 16
  9. justleads

justleads UKBF Newcomer Free Member

27 0
    I work with Adwords since it was "born". Never looked at this "overview" things. If you are interested in search terms, run a sophisticated search terms report, regularly. If you have no time (and this is a very important report!), at least ask somebody to build you a "regular email reporting" feature, or even an automatic script if you are that busy. Usually, you will find interesting things there... very practical, btw

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 By: justleads Member since: Feb 3, 2019
  10. evhow90

evhow90 UKBF Contributor Free Member

27 4
    Did anyone find any articles to shed any light on the right thing to do? I'd be interested in reading more on this.

Posted: Mar 3, 2019 By: evhow90 Member since: Mar 3, 2019
  11. RSR Fulfillment (FR & DE)

191 16
    Well, I did no reading, but as it was only a night's work changing the titles around I did it.

My traffic and sales have increased significantly. My visits have increased from 150 per day to 250. I conclude that word order really does matter!

Posted: Mar 5, 2019 By: RSR Fulfillment (FR & DE) Member since: Dec 8, 2017
  12. RSR Fulfillment (FR & DE)

191 16
    My next question is...is it also important on ebay? I have a lot of titles there, still the English way round.

Posted: Mar 5, 2019 By: RSR Fulfillment (FR & DE) Member since: Dec 8, 2017
  13. TheWebDesignCompany

TheWebDesignCompany UKBF Regular Full Member

106 6
    Generally the order of importance runs from top left to bottom right on a page and the same logic applies to Product titles.

Most important words to the left and less important to the right end.

Posted: Mar 12, 2019 By: TheWebDesignCompany Member since: Mar 11, 2019