Product banned on Amazon

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by samuel5, Jul 17, 2019.

1. samuel5

samuel5 UKBF Regular Full Member

239 15
    Hi all

We had a product banned on Amazon because our address is not printed on the product itself.
    It is fully CE approved and we hold all the test reports.

Just had a look at a few popular selling products, such as an Iphone and a Samsung phone and they do not have the address on so how comes they can get away with it!

Has anyone else had this issue and did you manage to get your product reinstated?

Thanks

Sam

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 By: samuel5 Member since: Apr 25, 2010
  2. JEREMY HAWKE

JEREMY HAWKE UKBF Legend Full Member

3,965 1,262
    I sport nutrition products on there and they don't have the suppliers address and that is something that requires full traceability

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 By: JEREMY HAWKE Member since: Mar 4, 2008
  3. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

15,594 1,718
    Their site. Their rules.
    Meet their requirements and you can sell. Does not matter what other items or other sellers have.

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  4. Maxwell83

Maxwell83 UKBF Regular Free Member

569 133
    As blunt as Mr D has put it :D, this is basically true - they have different requirements for different sellers; big boys have a different business relationship with Amazon to you - also may depend on the item itself.

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 By: Maxwell83 Member since: Aug 4, 2012
  5. OhhEnnEmm

OhhEnnEmm UKBF Contributor Free Member

52 4
    I like what Maxwell said about big boys having a different relationship with Amazon. Damn true... If you wanna ditch the double standard, become a big boy ;)

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 By: OhhEnnEmm Member since: Nov 6, 2018
  6. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

15,594 1,718
    If its simply address missing I'd buy a bunch of address labels from any of the places doing such things - they are pretty cheap - and stick them on the products.

Amazon cause sellers to sometimes jump through hoops. This appears to be a minor issue easily solved.

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  7. Chris Ashdown

Chris Ashdown UKBF Legend Free Member

10,429 2,109
    Posted: Jul 17, 2019 By: Chris Ashdown Member since: Dec 7, 2003
  8. samuel5

samuel5 UKBF Regular Full Member

239 15
    Cheers lads, we are big boys on Amazon and they still treat us like sh*t!

The product has done just under 30K in the last 30 days so we are now loosing 1K per day!
    We have 8000 units left in stock, all in blister packaging so impossible to relabel the product.

Does anyone own an Amazon product such as a kindle or Alexa to check if they have even bothered to put an address on there own products?
    May help my case if i can say to them they don't follow there own rules!

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 By: samuel5 Member since: Apr 25, 2010
  9. Paulo1Chop

Paulo1Chop UKBF Contributor Free Member

82 8
    From my dealing with Big A, they're good at most things, one of which is being pretty transparent and reactive to you asking them why they've banned your product! I agree with most of the rest of the posts in that there's usually a quick fix out there and there's zero point wasting time and effort. trying to call out brands like Apple and Samsung as naughty boys that get away with stuff all the time!

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 By: Paulo1Chop Member since: Jul 12, 2019
  10. Paulo1Chop

82 8
    This may be a stab in the dark but calling out Amazon to get your product back on Amazon may not be the smartest move either....

11. Paulo1Chop

82 8
    As much as I admire your success I don't think £1K a day on Amazon gets you a seat at the big table.....you might get a cushion if you sit in the corner facing the wall!;)

Hope you get it sorted though, Sam