Prestashop SEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbob96

Free Member
Jul 9, 2018
Hi all,
We are making an online shop(s) for our European customers.... however I am not sure which best for good SEO results.
Do we make one shop (.com) with drop down languages (and browser detecting) or use the multistore function and have a domain name for each shop, ie shop.fr, shop,de etc

Is these any difference SEO wise? Thanks

Hi

I would avoid building out on multiple domains unless the client has the resources to run multiple SEO campaigns for each country. It is contingent on the clients resources, do they have staff or marketing resources for each of the locations? If not, developing one site with multilingual handling and optimisations is the way to go.

Cheers

Stephen

Reactions: Jimbob96
Upvote 0
One domain with multiple subdomains is typically the best route. That way you can build authority more directly/leverage existing domain authority rather than having to spread your efforts by link building for multiple unique domains.

Reactions: Jimbob96
Upvote 0
I would avoid sub-domains, you are not a lot better off that separate domains. Sub-folder structure is the optimal play here.

Agree but disagree. Sub-directories are definitely better than new domains but they can lead to a mixed bag of international links to manage and the more centralised structure could mean penalties of any sort are more likely to hit the entire site as opposed to an individual sub-domain.

Personally, I think sub-domains look better in terms of branding; and are somewhat easier to build links for - particularly when it comes to citation links.

Some citation sources don't like sub-directories and only accept direct homepage links (but that's would include sub-domain variations).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Subscribe to our newsletters

ukbf logo
ukbf logo

Real community whatever your business.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu