PPC concerns

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing & PR' started by Mleeuk0506, May 8, 2019.

1. Mleeuk0506

Mleeuk0506 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 1
    I have an ecommerce business that started trading a few months ago. I pay an SEO company for SEO marketing and PPC. I got quite a few sales until a couple of rival SEO companies contacted me asking whether I was happy with my SEO company, I said that I would give them another couple of months and then possibly change. Since then I have not had any sales or contacts is it possible they are using up my PPC budget or am I being paranoid? Is there any way I can check this?

Posted: May 8, 2019 By: Mleeuk0506 Member since: May 8, 2019
  2. WebshopMechanic

WebshopMechanic UKBF Regular Full Member

323 139
    Click fraud is a common activity but I would probably assume that these guys aren't bothering to target you, but I may be wrong. There are some unscrupulous bar-stewards out there!

Google does have automated and manual protection in place. They have got much better because they are protecting their golden egg.

There is 3rd party software that you can probably trial to check this. (See Click Guard and PPC Protect)

Have you look at your ad campaign to see what keywords/products were converting before and what has maybe changed?

Has the ad copy changed?

Has the landing page changed?

Are you out of stock of a product that was performing well before?

Has the cost per click gone up in that time?

Are you wasting budget on keywords that are too generic?

You should also look at your analytics to see what people are doing on your pages. Are they leaving immediately or are they staying for a bit and then going somewhere else?

What can you do to improve your landing pages?

Just a few things to check.

Matt

Posted: May 8, 2019 By: WebshopMechanic Member since: Apr 27, 2017
  3. Mleeuk0506

Mleeuk0506 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 1
    Thank you so much I am guessing that my SEO company should be able to answer some of these questions.

Posted: May 8, 2019 By: Mleeuk0506 Member since: May 8, 2019
  4. WebshopMechanic

WebshopMechanic UKBF Regular Full Member

323 139
    Yes, they should.

One thing I'd like to point out is that most PPC agencies only bother setting up the campaigns. They rarely look at the landing page that the customer will land on and offer advice on how to improve it.

It's unlikely that a customer will purchase your product on the first visit when most conversions happen after 5-8 visits. That means you need to work hard to get them onto your email list and engage them with valuable content.

Take a look at your customer journey from search-to-click.
    • What is their pain or what do they desire?
    • What do they need to take that pain away?
    • What are they searching for?
    • Why are they clicking?
    • What are they seeing on the page?
    • Does it solve their problem or desire?
    • If not, why not?
    • How can you get them on your email if they don't buy?
    • Why should they continue to receive your emails? (% discount isn't often enough)
    • How are you getting them back to your site? (Re-marketing campaign, email, etc)
    You are effectively customer prospecting. Prospecting takes time and you need to work on every step to make them move to the next one.

This is where many go wrong. They set up the campaigns and wonder why their sales are poor. There is no attention to detail.

Hope that helps.

Matt

Posted: May 8, 2019 By: WebshopMechanic Member since: Apr 27, 2017
  5. Calvin Crane

Calvin Crane UKBF Regular Full Member

206 31
    I would ask the seo company to show any fraudulent clicks. They (Google) say they can detect them and you can access them from the portal. It is possible to go to lengths to avoid detection but I doubt it's worth their time. Unless you insulted them I doubt they would do it.

But your reports will show you before and after the 'alleged clicking your budget away'

So what you would/could see is an increase in clicks and lower conversions. As WM said there can be other reasons. Your SEO team should have all these answers for you you shouldn't need to ask here.

Posted: May 8, 2019 By: Calvin Crane Member since: Jun 8, 2018
  6. Nochexman

Nochexman UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

1,825 283
    Do you have access to your PPC account? How much of the data are you able to interpret for yourself? It really is helpful to have at least a basic understanding of your PPC should this sort of situation arise.

Posted: May 8, 2019 By: Nochexman Member since: Jun 14, 2011
  7. vidushi

vidushi UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0

PPC management companies help you set up campaigns to get you leads. In a nutshell, experts who handle PPC advertising all day long know more thoroughly about the industry.

They know how to extract maximum benefits out of those changes, act upon trends, crunch data, and manipulate the system. PPC management services need constant attention to run accurately.

Posted: May 20, 2019 By: vidushi Member since: Apr 16, 2019