Postage labels

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Slinkie, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slinkie

Slinkie UKBF Newcomer

69 0
    Hi Folks,

I want to start paying for my postage on line and have seen that it can be done through Paypal which is what my company uses to process payments.

I have a printer that I use for invoices/ receipts and want to use it to print out postage labels too. However, it is in inkjet printer and I have been reading that you really need a laser printer to print on to labels to make sure the print does not smudge etc.

Is it possible for me to print a postage label on a piece of paper and put it into one of these clear envelopes on front of my packages?

[​IMG]

I have some already that are big enough for the label however my only concern is that they have a part on the label that looks like it needs to be scanned, will a plastic envelope get in the way?

What are my options as at the moment I can't afford to buy another printer.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
    Posted: Apr 4, 2010 By: Slinkie Member since: Sep 5, 2006
  2. aleck.tpg

aleck.tpg UKBF Newcomer

38 5
    Hi Slinkie,

Have a look at the Royal Mails, Smart Stamp Software.

You can download this at their site. You can also trial print on paper your addresse labels as a test, then put an appropriate valued stamp/s on the envelope and that is you done.... Inkjet or Laserjet.

Details of this and other business advice and tips with our FREE Business eBook download at our website (theprotectgroup.com).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Aleck.tpg. (BDM)
    The Protect Group - (theprotectgroup.com)

Posted: Apr 4, 2010 By: aleck.tpg Member since: Apr 3, 2010
  3. Slinkie

Slinkie UKBF Newcomer

69 0
    Hi,

I know you can print directly onto labels, this isn't my question. My question is can I print these labels on to paper and use the plastic envelope to attach them to my packages?

I want to go with the paypal option of postage as all my income comes in through paypal so I can keep track of this expenditure as well and it is no more expensive than any other postage method I can find (I don't have a lot of orders so signing up to a RM business scheme isn't an option for me.)

4. Slinkie

Slinkie UKBF Newcomer

69 0
    Can anyone offer some first hand advice regarding this matter?

5. snakeeyes121

snakeeyes121 Contributor

230 46
    I don't print my postage but print my invoices with a ppi stamp on and use the plain A7 document envelopes, I send around 1500 parcels a week using this method and it works well.

Some times I use the same method for recorded / special delivery with the barcodes on and haven't received any complaints from royal mail

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
    Posted: Apr 4, 2010 By: snakeeyes121 Member since: Jun 6, 2009
  6. smo

smo Contributor

2,094 336
    Smart stamp is expensive, id suggest you look at the PPI option, we use it for hundreds of packets a week of all sizes.

Packets are sorted into weight bands, packets, large letters, and letters - overseas and specials are seperate. You enter them onto the royal mail account online and its charged using average weight which is great as you dont gert penalised for the odd heavy one in a days work.

As for labels, we use normal address labels on all our packets printed on a laser printer, and all our parcels carry our unique postal stamp which in our case is printed onto the cartons, but could be rubber stamped onto the package or a label and stuck on (or even printed onto the address label).

Posted: Apr 4, 2010 By: smo Member since: Apr 3, 2010
  7. Slinkie

Slinkie UKBF Newcomer

69 0
    Pease see above

Posted: Apr 5, 2010 By: Slinkie Member since: Sep 5, 2006
  8. Slinkie

Slinkie UKBF Newcomer

69 0
    Hi,

Can I get any more input into this? I would go to the post office but it's quite far from my office (I currently have a 9-5) so have trouble getting there.

Posted: Apr 6, 2010 By: Slinkie Member since: Sep 5, 2006
  9. smo

smo Contributor

2,094 336
    Sorry, i must have missed that bit!

How many orders are you talking, the RM ppi doesnt require a minimum number of parcels, just a min of £5 for every time you ship which is easy to hit with postage costs as they are.

Posted: Apr 6, 2010 By: smo Member since: Apr 3, 2010
  10. Slinkie

Slinkie UKBF Newcomer

69 0
    This is a new start up outside my 9-5. I take maybe 1-2 orders a week from my ebay store but I am working on the SEO etc of my website and hopefully this will increase my weekly orders etc.

Posted: Apr 6, 2010 By: Slinkie Member since: Sep 5, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.