Pontypridd & North of Pontypridd

Discussion in 'Wales' started by Excel Expert, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Excel Expert

Excel Expert Guest

This area is a bit of a black hole when it comes to chambers of commerce and business clubs. The South Wales Chamber of Commerce is not really interested in doing practical things especially outside of Cardiff, Newport or Swansea. The local council supported RCT business club seems to be all about Gala Nights, Awards and a bit of networking.

So I'm trying to get a few people together to form an association that will promote practical measures for the towns up here. Joint promotional events, joint campaigns, joint marketing etc. Once it is up and running it will be 100% member driven i.e. they will control how it makes its decisions and how it funds its self

At this stage it is very early stages so I'm just looking for a handful of people to help get it from an idea and in to a real world thing.

So far I have 3 volunteers, one of which used to work within the Chamber and Business Club but left due to feeling let down by them.

If you are interested please let me know

Thanks

Posted: Mar 6, 2014 By: Excel Expert Member since: Jan 1, 1970
  2. Shaun_Pearce

Shaun_Pearce UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

I'm not a business owner Calr but I would love to know more on this should it develop in to something? Good luck matey!

Posted: Jun 24, 2014 By: Shaun_Pearce Member since: Jul 22, 2008
  3. Aloha Telecom

Aloha Telecom UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Steve is right. We have been involved off and on in regards to Rhonnda Business Club (Our business is in navigation park up the road). For what we do, it's never been of interest, however if your a smaller business it can be a great way to market and network.

I also know the best of brand (best of pontypridd) in this case also hold regular meetings in/around the area and do breakfast meetings etc.

Posted: Aug 26, 2014 By: Aloha Telecom Member since: Aug 25, 2014