Please recommend me an affordable headset

Discussion in 'Devices' started by beckygolf, Jan 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beckygolf

beckygolf UKBF Newcomer Free Member

19 0
    I am on my 5th headset and they have ALL packed up within a month. After doing further research I found out there are thousands of fake plantronics and other big names. I won't eer buy from Amazon or any retailer that is not authorised such as Maplin or Staples.

So having spent a bit on headsets, does anyone know a good brand that I can at least use for a few months before it packs up on me.

I am not looking for spend more than £50

Posted: Jan 23, 2017 By: beckygolf Member since: Oct 7, 2009
  2. Alan

Alan UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

6,609 1,825
    My wireless TRUST Headset is still going string after 5 or 6 years, pads are a bit shabby though.

Posted: Jan 23, 2017 By: Alan Member since: Aug 16, 2011
  3. cjd

cjd UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

15,449 3,074
    A real Plantronics?

Posted: Jan 23, 2017 By: cjd Member since: Nov 23, 2005
  4. ServWise

ServWise UKBF Ace Full Member

1,213 264
    You know the old saying, you get what you pay for, I suspect your prior purchases were far less than £50 however and you should be able to easily find something good for that money that will last a while.

If your headset has packed up within the year (maybe 2 years) then you can just go back to Amazon and get them to replace/refund you. Even if their site says you're too late I often talk direct via email to them and they sort it out.

You don't say what type of headset, gaming / skype / audio only / on ear / over ear.

If gaming then I would recommend HyperX cloud stinger, few quid more and you could get the even better HyperX cloud II. Both well built, far better then anything by Logitech which I have tried.

Posted: Jan 23, 2017 By: ServWise Member since: Jan 22, 2008
  5. qurttlfqrq

qurttlfqrq Guest

0 0
    Tech is hard to pay top dollar for because you know that they are building in obsolensecnces. into the business model but if you pay for dirt cheap you are going to get dirt cheap. Here are some models you could feel good about: Logitech G230 OR Creative FATAL1TY OR Afunta X1-S.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2017
    Posted: Feb 6, 2017 By: qurttlfqrq Member since: Jan 1, 1970
  6. Shonda Myers

Shonda Myers UKBF Contributor Free Member

64 9
    You can take a look at Panasonic ErgoFit RP-HUE120 earbuds. These are inexpensive yet has a good feedback. Another option is Creative Sound BlasterX H5 that has an excellent balance of price and sound quality.

Posted: Feb 16, 2017 By: Shonda Myers Member since: Mar 31, 2016
  7. BethHoteligent

BethHoteligent UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4 3
    I personally like the Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, although this has a USB connection.

Posted: Mar 2, 2017 By: BethHoteligent Member since: Mar 2, 2017
  8. qurttlfqrq

qurttlfqrq Guest

0 0
    Your budget is too low. You can try Sennheiser HD 205 II or Audio Technica ATH-M20X.

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 By: qurttlfqrq Member since: Jan 1, 1970
  9. Techboy

Techboy UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4 3
    BOSE QC20 with noise cancellation. I use mine every day for conference calls.

Posted: Mar 23, 2017 By: Techboy Member since: Mar 14, 2017
  10. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

24,822 3,028
    Can buy fakes anywhere. Can buy bad electronics even from Maplin or Staples.
    Better chance with authorised retailers but always possible to buy a bad item.

Have had 2 headsets from Maplin that had to take back due to not working - at all.

Posted: Mar 24, 2017 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  11. Adam-Smith

Adam-Smith UKBF Contributor Free Member

29 1
    I would recommend you to buy two headsets one is expensive and one is economical for separate occasion. Bose, beats and Jabra are the latest one you can choose.

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 By: Adam-Smith Member since: Feb 14, 2017
  12. Nico Albrecht

Nico Albrecht UKBF Enthusiast Full Member - Verified Business

842 173
    I use the Logitech H800 comes with wireless dongle for pc/apple and allows for Bluetooth pairing with built in mic. They come in at around £50 and fold nicely as well.

Posted: Jun 29, 2017 By: Nico Albrecht Member since: May 2, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.