Play The MyVoucherCodes Game

Discussion in 'Time Out' started by Mac Yeti, Dec 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mac Yeti

Mac Yeti UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1,172 13
    Hi All,

It's Friday so I thought I'd post up the game we've created for MyVoucherCodes.

Use the arrow keys to run from room to room picking up as many items as you can on the shopping list and collect vouchers as you go for extra points.

Let us know what score you got!

Disclaimer:
    I'd like you all to note that whilst I am not currently top of the leaderboard, clearly I could kick some serious arse with my l33t gaming skillz - it just wouldn't be fair on this occasion.

So here you go, MyVoucherCodes Trolley Dash

Posted: Dec 7, 2007 By: Mac Yeti Member since: Aug 22, 2005
  2. Lisette

Lisette UKBF Newcomer Free Member

733 17
    Whilst unable to demonstrate this on your leader board (due to shockingly poor success) I have had a play with the game which is great fun. I am sure they move the stock just to catch me out!

Luckily the fact that HireScores.com is developing a viral game gives me the excuse to play them these days as part of my market research!

Well done on developing a great game!

Posted: Dec 8, 2007 By: Lisette Member since: Nov 8, 2006
  3. bluetoffee

bluetoffee UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    I got 99999999 (or whatever I wanted to post!).

A nice looking game, but the security used for posting high scores is amateur. It's so easy to make high score posting secure but you haven't done it at all. If I paid for that game I would ask for a re-design. It's so simple to post the highest score!

Simply use the Tamper data addon for Firefox to post whatever score and name you wish! Doesn't take much to work out how to use the addon.

I would like to say "pay peanuts, get monkeys", but I don't know how much the game was charged out at. If there was a prize for a high score it obviously wouldn't be good, but Cosmos also had a similar problem with a game at Christmas and that had a first prize worth £2000...

Basically, Flash games need careful security planning. It's not difficult to do, just requires a bit of thinking...

Cheers,

Nick

Posted: Jan 12, 2008 By: bluetoffee Member since: Jan 12, 2008
  4. jdpos

jdpos UKBF Newcomer Free Member

983 63
    I didn't go that far as dont use firefox so I just copied where it enters the score and changed the score in the URL to 5800 press enter and it just says data entered! first game i've noticed it on

Posted: Jan 12, 2008 By: jdpos Member since: Nov 10, 2007
  5. Mac Yeti

Mac Yeti UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1,172 13
    Hi Nick,

Welcome to UK business forums :)

Posted: Jan 12, 2008 By: Mac Yeti Member since: Aug 22, 2005
  6. kierweb

kierweb UKBF Newcomer Free Member

23 1
    First go i got 340 !

Posted: Jan 15, 2008 By: kierweb Member since: Jul 24, 2007