General Business Forum Brought to you by Total Gas & Power

PCI compliant

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Patrick Mchale, Sep 16, 2018 at 12:27 PM.

1. Patrick Mchale

Patrick Mchale UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    Hi, can anybody help ? Barclaycard are saying they need to charge me an extra £15 a month on top of the other charges for my terminal to be PCI compliant on my card machine, I looke on the Internet and it appears I can download the form and do it myself for free. All I have to do is send them a copy ? I only have a small cafe , we average 10-20 card payments a day , all less than £30 . I would appreciate any advice .

Posted: Sep 16, 2018 at 12:27 PM By: Patrick Mchale Member since: Sep 16, 2018
  2. Noah

Noah UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

661 142
    Simple answer : Yes, you can do it yourself - and of course Barclays is practising the usual banking bastardry by not telling you this themselves.

BUT you probably can't do it yourself if your terminal uses WiFi. If so, and if you have time and money on your hands I suggest you sue Barclays for mis-selling you the WiFi terminal.

Posted: Sep 16, 2018 at 6:09 PM By: Noah Member since: Sep 1, 2009
  3. Patrick Mchale

Patrick Mchale UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    Ok thanks for the reply.

Posted: Sep 16, 2018 at 6:55 PM By: Patrick Mchale Member since: Sep 16, 2018
  4. TotalWebSolutions

TotalWebSolutions UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

2,450 597
    PCI compliance with Barclaycard is usually £2.40 per month. Are you sure this isn't a non-compliance charge they have levied for failing to complete their annual compliance questionnaire/confirm your own compliance ?

Posted: Sep 17, 2018 at 10:03 AM By: TotalWebSolutions Member since: Sep 29, 2009