PayPal withdrawals now instant?

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by a1anm, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trisha&ChrisPlant

Trisha&ChrisPlant UKBF Regular Free Member

313 114
    It's soooooooo annoying, isn't it. Sadly I don't have anything in my Paypal account at the moment, so can't even give it a try - but I suspect it'll be stuck in 'review' again when I try. Do they think we're scammmers, or what?? What sparks a review, I wonder?

Posted: Sep 24, 2012 By: Trisha&ChrisPlant Member since: Feb 6, 2012
  2. TheGeekestLink

TheGeekestLink UKBF Regular Free Member

369 23
    It's INSANELY annoying! Especially as I've held my account in near perfect state for over four years (ie with only a handful of non-received items, etc).

The email said the computer chooses them randomly until it "calms down" (actual words used). So I'm determined to get past this and will keep withdrawing money every day.

Can you not stick some cash in every day from your own bank account? I know it's a fiddle but the PayPal rep did say taking money out every day would speed up the process.

Such a pointless faff that once again only penalizes the decent users.

Posted: Sep 24, 2012 By: TheGeekestLink Member since: May 4, 2011
  3. Trisha&ChrisPlant

313 114
    If I remember rightly, that's not as easy as it sounds. Tried to do it once and gave up - I think it takes three days - or at least it did at one time.

Posted: Sep 24, 2012 By: Trisha&ChrisPlant Member since: Feb 6, 2012
  4. andygambles

andygambles UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

2,628 688
    Wait a minute. This "Feature" has been released as free. Worst case it takes 24 hours to get your money rather than 2. That is a vast improvement on what it was.

Posted: Sep 24, 2012 By: andygambles Member since: Jun 17, 2009
  5. TheGeekestLink

369 23
    I agree. I'm not really complaining, although I used to take me a min of 3 days to receive money. So it's really not awful.

Posted: Sep 24, 2012 By: TheGeekestLink Member since: May 4, 2011
  6. alwaysinamess

alwaysinamess UKBF Regular Free Member

354 55
    I just spoke with our PP account manager who is Irish, so he don't care, he said that Paypal are just being c***s.

They have been told they have to adhere to the faster payments thing where UK banks support it where a transfer takes up to 2 hours. However there is a loophole whereby they are allowed to 'hold' a transfer for up to 24 hours to do a security check so they are just abusing this loophole and holding every payment for 24 hours.

Either to earn the interest on the money for an extra day or just being petulant ****s because they've been told they have to do something.

Im not sure the trick is working anymore, for cashflow I would rather pay the fiver and have it instant than have to wait a day.

Posted: Sep 25, 2012 By: alwaysinamess Member since: Jul 5, 2012
  7. Trisha&ChrisPlant

313 114
    Scandalous, just scandalous! But, didn't some on here say they had indeed received their payments instantly?

Posted: Sep 25, 2012 By: Trisha&ChrisPlant Member since: Feb 6, 2012
  8. alwaysinamess

alwaysinamess UKBF Regular Free Member

354 55
    There is already a complaint in with the FSA but how long they will take..........

Posted: Sep 25, 2012 By: alwaysinamess Member since: Jul 5, 2012
  9. andygambles

2,628 688
    Yep our last 3 withdraws have all been instant.

Posted: Sep 25, 2012 By: andygambles Member since: Jun 17, 2009
  10. perpixon

perpixon UKBF Regular Free Member

205 11
    It seems random most come through straightaway some 24 hours large or small amounts don’t seem to make any difference.

If PayPal can do it how long will it be before the other payment processors do it?

Posted: Sep 25, 2012 By: perpixon Member since: Jun 26, 2012
  11. andygambles

2,628 688
    Posted: Sep 28, 2012 By: andygambles Member since: Jun 17, 2009
  12. dgoodhans

dgoodhans UKBF Newcomer Free Member

10 2
    with evolotion of new technology,it is apparent that e currency merchant like pay pal are determine to offer their client best services,only that it is really unfortunate that their services is not available in Nigeria no thanks to fraudsters

Posted: Sep 30, 2012 By: dgoodhans Member since: May 7, 2010
  13. dgoodhans

dgoodhans UKBF Newcomer Free Member

10 2
    with evolotion of new technology,it is apparent that e currency merchant like pay pal are determine to offer their client best services,only that it is really unfortunate that their services is not available in Nigeria no thanks to fraudsters

Posted: Sep 30, 2012 By: dgoodhans Member since: May 7, 2010
  14. TheGeekestLink

369 23
    Just a quick update: following PayPal's instructions of withdrawing a payment every day appears to have worked as the review hold is now only 4 hours...

So that's a same day withdrawal. Pretty good!

Posted: Oct 1, 2012 By: TheGeekestLink Member since: May 4, 2011
  15. Trisha&ChrisPlant

313 114
    Lucky you - maybe I shall have to try that tactic. I've now tried to withdraw three times since they implemented the faster payment system on my account - and each time has been subject to their review. It's very annoying, they must think I'm some sort of scammer :( Why would they have to review three times?

Posted: Oct 1, 2012 By: Trisha&ChrisPlant Member since: Feb 6, 2012
  16. TheGeekestLink

369 23
    Did you see my earlier post about what PayPal told me about this system?

Basically: withdraw an amount every single day without fail and the system will 'learn' and (slowly) remove the restrictions.

17. Trisha&ChrisPlant

313 114
    Yes, I did, and sadly I didn't learn from it! I'll try that starting today :)

Posted: Oct 1, 2012 By: Trisha&ChrisPlant Member since: Feb 6, 2012
  18. TheGeekestLink

369 23
    It really has worked for me and it only took a week to get it down to 4 hours...

The PayPal rep said it would stop altogether soon after (although she didn't say how long).

I can live with 6 hours :)

19. Chris34

Chris34 UKBF Regular Free Member

522 143
    For me sometimes it is 2 hours and sometimes it is a 1 day review. I'm happy to see it's a computer glitch though, the word review strikes fear into any Paypal customer who knows what they can be like. I even did a £100 withdrawal on Sunday evening and by 09:30 this morning it was in my bank account.

This extra speed is working wonders for my cash flow. I am able to buy more stock and increase my profits more in a very short space of time. Since this feature has been on my business is growing so fast I am struggling to keep pace. :) Win win situation, I benefit through getting the money faster and Paypal benefit through me buying more and selling more.

Chris.

Posted: Oct 1, 2012 By: Chris34 Member since: Feb 3, 2009
  20. TheGeekestLink

369 23
    If only it was the same with my card transfers, which currently take 5 long days... /sigh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.