Pack stations / points vs home addresses

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by RSR Fulfillment (FR & DE), Feb 7, 2018.

  1. RSR Fulfillment (FR & DE)

    RSR Fulfillment (FR & DE) UKBF Regular Free Member

    111 9
    This is something I cannot work out for ebay France....it costs me 7 euros to send to a home address with a courier. Or 4 euros to a pack station with Mondial Relay. This is where the parcel is waiting for them in a locker or behind a counter for collection

    So really I want the free delivery option to be to the pack station and then they pay 3 euros extra for home delivery.

    But I don't know exactly how popular Mondial Relay is. I know you need an account to use it. 2 people have said they love it here. But the first time I asked a customer to return a parcel to me via Mondial Relay he said he could not because he does not have an account.

    Also I am concerned about the potential mess it might cause. If you make an ebay purchase and do nothing other than click buy now, the delivery address will be the one logged in their account as primary delivery address. So they could pick my free delivery option, not really knowing what the deal is with Mondial Relay and then expect a home delivery. And my follow up email about needing an extra 3 euros or a packstation address is going to piss them off.

    Any thoughts are most welcome! Ebay support confrimed that Mondial Relay is the preferred option with French customers at the moment. but if that is only 60% of ebay.fr users then I am going to alienate the other 40% somewhat I think?
     
    Posted: Feb 7, 2018 By: RSR Fulfillment (FR & DE) Member since: Dec 8, 2017
    #1
  2. Page

    Page UKBF Big Shot Free Member

    3,433 259
    I would just get on and test it - and try different things

    A month both free - unless you are selling very low value items
    A month both paid
    etc

    Let the odd wrong delivery go and swallow the cost

    Sometimes the old fashioned get on with it - try it fix it try it approach is easy to do and worth doing
     
    Posted: Feb 7, 2018 By: Page Member since: Jul 28, 2007
    #2
  3. Page

    Page UKBF Big Shot Free Member

    3,433 259
    BTW Payment for delivery lockers is a bit of a scam - er maybe

    I was at IRX - very good btw - when they were the new thing on the block and the penny dropped hard when the guy said - the cost of filling delivery lockers at 4 in the morning - 10 plus at each drop - was diddly squat compared with a driver trying to deliver to peoples homes
     
    Posted: Feb 7, 2018 By: Page Member since: Jul 28, 2007
    #3
  4. RSR Fulfillment (FR & DE)

    RSR Fulfillment (FR & DE) UKBF Regular Free Member

    111 9
    Yes you're right, offer them both free for now. If they choose Mondial I am saving money straight away.
     
    Posted: Feb 7, 2018 By: RSR Fulfillment (FR & DE) Member since: Dec 8, 2017
    #4
  5. RSR Fulfillment (FR & DE)

    RSR Fulfillment (FR & DE) UKBF Regular Free Member

    111 9
    It seems to have taken off big time in France, as the postal service is so expensive. It's nearly double Royal Mail.
     
    Posted: Feb 7, 2018 By: RSR Fulfillment (FR & DE) Member since: Dec 8, 2017
    #5