Options following judgement at county court

Discussion in 'Legal' started by sks, Nov 10, 2018.

  1. sks

    sks UKBF Contributor Free Member

    52 2
    If I obtain judgement at county court for a small claim (£14,000) what are my options?

    The defendant's solicitor has intimated he has no money and has sent me an unsecured loan statement & bank statement.

    He has informed me that my only likely recourse would be to petition for bankruptcy.

    I am not sure if he owns a property or has other assets.

    What would my options be?

    Thank you all
    Posted: Nov 10, 2018 By: sks Member since: Feb 28, 2018
  2. smallclaimsassistance

    smallclaimsassistance UKBF Enthusiast Full Member - Verified Business

    833 215
    Google "high court enforcement officers".

    Posted: Nov 10, 2018 By: smallclaimsassistance Member since: Jan 7, 2015
  3. Newchodge

    Newchodge UKBF Big Shot Free Member

    11,305 2,895
    Is £14,000 a small claim?
    Posted: Nov 10, 2018 By: Newchodge Member since: Nov 8, 2012
  4. Lisa Thomas

    Lisa Thomas UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

    2,765 328
    Hi I think you have had your answers previously?

    Either instruct bailiffs, make him Bankrupt or go back to Court for an Order for security over his property.
    Posted: Nov 12, 2018 By: Lisa Thomas Member since: Apr 20, 2015