Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, make sure to follow us on Twitter! Say hi and we'll be sure to follow back!

Opencart 2.01 contact form not working

Discussion in 'Opencart Support' started by Nico Albrecht, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Nico Albrecht

Nico Albrecht UKBF Regular Full Member - Verified Business

259 25
    I am running a website on 2.0.1 and noticed recently that via php.mail the contact form is not working but order emails work fine. It seems after sending the contact form nothing happen, I would expect an updated urls / contact/success or something. Hosting is on siteground and i contacted them and they recommended smtp but this never worked on my install. No Errors in opencart logs when sending the contact form.

Posted: Feb 22, 2018 By: Nico Albrecht Member since: May 2, 2017
  2. TotalWebSolutions

TotalWebSolutions UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

2,382 588
    @antropy might be able to assist :)

Simon

Posted: Feb 22, 2018 By: TotalWebSolutions Member since: Sep 29, 2009
  3. Nico Albrecht

259 25
    Just a quick update , i used smtp as well and same result , orders etc... come through but contact form doesnt work .

4. Nico Albrecht

259 25
    3 years ago i had the same issue on godaddy hosting and don't remember exactly what i did but with their support we added a record in cpanel and it was working after that.

5. WebDesires

WebDesires UKBF Regular Free Member

190 22
    there could be many reasons for your issue, you would have to reach out to someone and provider server access so they can diagnose the issue and figure out if emails are even being sent, why they would fail if they are and etc.

We have had to sort issues like this numerous times and it's always been a specific issue such as SMTP not setup properly, SPF/DKIM records incorrect, mail server protection / spam protection or etc.

Posted: Feb 22, 2018 By: WebDesires Member since: Feb 23, 2016
  6. Nico Albrecht

259 25
    Got an update from siteground: We investigated the case, but did not find a server-side issue or configuration that could cause this. According the information in this ticket, the website is not able to send messages with the configured SMTP details, however, the contact us page form is not able to send messages. After stracing the processes while submitting the contact form we found out a strange redirect loop: