Online weight loss and training membership

Discussion in 'Market Research' started by joeptsearle, Dec 10, 2017.

1. joeptsearle

joeptsearle UKBF Regular Full Member

133 18
    I'm looking for some opinions on an idea I have been toying with for some time.

I am looking to create a membership site providing 20 minute HIIT videos that can be done anywhere with no equipment, simplified nutritional advice and recipes and step by step guidance on getting your mindset correct to ensure continuous progress.

Everything will be laid out in a step by step manner, in the same way as if you were to hire a personal trainer, however everything is done remotely. The training videos will have two people, myself instructing and someone (average fitness) completing the exercises, where there will be different options for difficulty as well.

Now my target market is going to be busy working professionals who have very little time to use a gym or even train for very long, but who want a complete programme to follow so there's no guess work.
    I figured this would be the ideal place to get an idea of whether this is something that people would actually buy and if indeed it is of interest to enough people, what the price point would be. It would be a monthly membership option.

Thoughts anyone??

Posted: Dec 10, 2017 By: joeptsearle Member since: Aug 9, 2013
  2. ethical PR

ethical PR UKBF Legend Free Member

6,775 1,481
    Yes people do buy these there are hundreds and hundreds of fitness instructors, celebrity instructors and celebs already offering a variation of this.

What market research have you done on your competitors and their price points.

Most are available at a one off cost.

Posted: Dec 14, 2017 By: ethical PR Member since: Apr 19, 2009
  3. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

28,899 8,540
    Have you spoken to your target client to see if they want this sort of thing?

I've just looked on youtube and there are hundred of workout videos. What are you offering that isn't already available

Posted: Dec 19, 2017 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  4. McClunkyMonkey

McClunkyMonkey UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 1
    What I would like to see (and would possibly act on if I wasn't camera shy) is workouts with COMPLETE beginners and seeing their journey. A lot of people I know really don't have any strength to start with and couldn't curl a tin of beans let alone a dumbbell. It's all too easy to watch videos and aspire to become like the person in the video and therefore have that as motivation but if the start of the journey is too hard in the first place then that motivation is lost and the individual will move onto something else.

Posted: Dec 19, 2017 By: McClunkyMonkey Member since: Dec 19, 2017