Online Radio

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by jackmiles, Jun 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackmiles

jackmiles UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    Hi sorry if this is in the wrong place but I could really do with some help/advice on this!

I am currently setting up an online radio station, playing new and undiscovered music. We will be based in Leeds but not branded as such, so although for promotional activities we will be focussing on Leeds, for station sound we won't have a Leeds association. We will be aimed at the 13-30 year old demographic and feel that the main consumers of our product will be students.

I was wondering if I could ask what your thoughts were regarding advertisng on the station and whether you consider online radio if as a viable marketing platform. I have plenty of experience in radio and work at one of the UK's largest stations. I fully believe that for the target audience there is huge potential for this station to be a success!

Current plans are for £120 a month with 84 spots per week. There are also discounts when ordered for longer periods of time. Further to this there will be openings for sponsorship of the station as well as website advertising space.

If you could give any feedback, that would be amazing. We also have a survey set up via the link below! And can offer discount rates to people who provide their details!

surveymonkey.com/s/3SCCX3S

Thank you so much!

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 By: jackmiles Member since: Jun 4, 2012
  2. Sing for your city

Sing for your city UKBF Newcomer Free Member

16 1
    this sounds fantastic, you would have to be able to show and prove how many listeners you have, run facebook and twitter accounts as well as other social media. price wise you seem cheap but good price for size, the pulse of west yorkshire for instance would charge around £800 for 5 ads a day over 5 days, they would poduce the ads for that though.

Posted: Jul 6, 2012 By: Sing for your city Member since: Jun 5, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.