General Business Forum Brought to you by Salesforce

Online business address??

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by JonathanMP, Nov 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonathanMP

JonathanMP UKBF Contributor Free Member

33 2
    Hi all

I am hoping you some of you are able to shed some light on this for me as I am unsure as how to go about it.

Without going into too much detail in January I am going live with an online consultancy business. I plan to keep it as an online business, although in time I will look to move into a respectable office in order to meet and greet clients etc.

I am stuck as what to do regarding stating my address online? I know by law I must put my registered address on certain documentation which I have but I have also stated that it is an online business and the registered address is purely for registration.

I will be working from a small office to begin with which If I can help it I would rather clients not come to as it's a little cheap and nasty but serves it's purpose initially.

Any suggestions what I should do In such a situation? and also am I right to state that the business is an online to avoid and false assumptions?

Many thanks for any help and guidance.

Jonathan

Posted: Nov 21, 2013 By: JonathanMP Member since: Apr 24, 2013
  2. Mayor

Mayor UKBF Regular Free Member

295 95
    Posted: Nov 21, 2013 By: Mayor Member since: Feb 3, 2009
  3. JonathanMP

33 2
    Thanks for the response. Most of that I am aware of an have covered. I will have the registered address on all documents and website as the law dictates but am questioning what I should put down on the contact section of the site. I will have my numbers, social media and emails etc but won't have an address that can be visited. What would be the suggestion in that situation? Just leave it out altogether? and state that it is an online based and operated business?

Also I have put at the bottom of email signatures etc that The registered address is purely for the purpose of registration as it's an online business. Is that acceptable?

Thanks

Posted: Nov 21, 2013 By: JonathanMP Member since: Apr 24, 2013
  4. StevensOnln1

StevensOnln1 UKBF Big Shot Free Member

3,399 738
    If you're selling through your website then you will need to state your trading address on there.

Posted: Nov 21, 2013 By: StevensOnln1 Member since: Dec 10, 2011
  5. VPA-NI

VPA-NI UKBF Regular Free Member

149 18
    I operate from my home address, which is listed on my website, but I also have included a line saying that all face-to-face meetings will be held at an off-site location (or words to that effect).

What about something like that?

Posted: Nov 22, 2013 By: VPA-NI Member since: Feb 27, 2011
  6. JonathanMP

33 2
    Hi Heather

Yes, I think that is best. I will do something to that effect.

Many thanks.

Posted: Nov 22, 2013 By: JonathanMP Member since: Apr 24, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.