On-line Joomla Training

Discussion in 'Joomla Support' started by RedEvo, May 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedEvo

RedEvo UKBF Legend Free Member

6,007 1,533
    Anyone struggling with Joomla might find the tutorials on lynda.com quite useful. It's worth the $25/month for them alone but there are 100's of other software tutorials on there as well. IMHO it's a great resource and can save you hours of frustration with 100's of software packages.

d

Posted: May 14, 2013 By: RedEvo Member since: May 12, 2007
  2. ole32

ole32 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 1
    New to the Joomla! scene thanks for the tip!! With little to no experience in code do you think I will be able to set up a forefront website for my small company without help.

What advice would you give for Web Hosting Joomla! a basic website.

I would like to have links to Videos, a few pictures, possible set up to a payment gateway down the line for coupons etc.

Thanks

Posted: Jun 7, 2013 By: ole32 Member since: Jun 5, 2013
  3. Socio South West

Socio South West UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

883 220
    You can get by without any knowledge of coding - with a decent template and a bit of thought decent sites can be devised from pre-packed modules which offer simple menu tweaking from the back end.

It's when you want to start getting fancy that knowledge of coding and looking inside the files and altering them becomes necessary.

I found the free basic course on http://www.buildajoomlawebsite.com good enough to get me going, and their regular emails contain useful tips too - The Australian accent will grate on some though!

Posted: Jun 16, 2013 By: Socio South West Member since: Mar 24, 2013
  4. HGSecurity

HGSecurity UKBF Newcomer Free Member

170 48
    We've just been offered a package from BT for a redesigned website integrating a forum, 20 email addresses and that is based on Joomla, which I haven't used before (our current one is Word Press). It sounds good, they give us online training on how to maintain it once they've designed the site, they provide SEO and apparently Joomla is a lot easier to work with than Word Press.

That remains to be seen, and I need to find out more about it, but initial impressions are favourable.

Posted: Jul 23, 2013 By: HGSecurity Member since: Aug 15, 2012
  5. Faevilangel

Faevilangel Website Critic Full Member

7,564 2,404
    The question you need to answer is why do you want to get a new site? Is it the design, the platform or a natual progression.

Don't be bullied into moving platform if you're happy on WordPress. Joomla has a much longer learning curve than wp, and moving platforms can throw up some obstacles in regards to seo.

Sent from my HTC One SV using UK Business Forums

Posted: Jul 23, 2013 By: Faevilangel Member since: Jun 29, 2009
  6. HGSecurity

HGSecurity UKBF Newcomer Free Member

170 48
    Thanks for the info, will take that on board. I'm not actually driving this personally, but it would seem that there are good reasons for the change from what I have been told.

Posted: Jul 24, 2013 By: HGSecurity Member since: Aug 15, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.