Office 365 : buy direct or from ISP?

Discussion in 'IT & Internet' started by columbo, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. columbo

columbo UKBF Regular Free Member

332 72
    Office 365 : buy direct from Microsoft or from ISP who happens to resell it?

What are the pros and cons?

Posted: Nov 9, 2017 By: columbo Member since: Jan 27, 2013
  2. TomJ83

TomJ83 UKBF Regular Free Member

368 75
    I would ask myself following questions. What happens if I change ISP? Will I still be able to use Office 365 or will it be an interruption until I find another reseller from Microsoft or buy direct from Microsoft?

Posted: Nov 9, 2017 By: TomJ83 Member since: Aug 30, 2017
  3. Vin Jauhal

Vin Jauhal UKBF Newcomer Free Member

20 5
    Or buy through a MIcrosoft CSP (Cloud Service Provider) partner who can also offer you migration assistance, monthly billing and ongoing support...

Posted: Nov 10, 2017 By: Vin Jauhal Member since: Feb 9, 2017
  4. ldjames

ldjames UKBF Regular Full Member

324 44
    Direct will probably (?) be slightly cheaper but if you ever need to speak to them, you'll get a call centre in India.

Posted: Nov 14, 2017 By: ldjames Member since: Nov 14, 2013
  5. Nico Albrecht

Nico Albrecht UKBF Enthusiast Full Member - Verified Business

591 99
    direct from Microsoft way cheaper and their tech support is okich. Last i talked it was us based customer service. 365 home is done in india their business stuff is more in us and europe

Posted: Nov 14, 2017 By: Nico Albrecht Member since: May 2, 2017
  6. Ursicles

Ursicles UKBF Contributor Full Member

76 11
    Am currently doing this through senetic who Microsoftrecommended.

3 licenses and the migration of an existing go daddy mailbox, plus the setting up of our new individual company emails and shared mailboxes.

So far so good, though migration going through as we speak - so will feedback.

Posted: Nov 17, 2017 By: Ursicles Member since: Oct 3, 2017
  7. ffox

ffox UKBF Regular Free Member

1,261 219
    Buy direct every time. If you purchase from an ISP you usually have to use the ISP support service and they deal with MS on your behalf. MS support for O365 is very good, you don't need a middle man.

Posted: Nov 17, 2017 By: ffox Member since: Mar 11, 2004
  8. Dave Sutton

Dave Sutton UKBF Contributor Free Member

62 13
    Probably a bit late posting on this one now... but I'd again advise to not buy through an ISP. They tend to sell their 365 licenses on an old model, which ties you to them should you wish to move.

Any other Microsoft Partner (that's a Cloud Solutions Provider) will provide you with the same 365 that you get directly and you'll be able to sack them and move to another provider if you wish. The majority will sell you the 365 license for the same rate Microsoft charge directly, but they'll provide at least 1st line support directly - so you can guarantee a UK helpdesk.

Some will offer additional wrap-arounds by adding services on top of the 365 core license if you need it.

Posted: Dec 15, 2017 By: Dave Sutton Member since: Dec 4, 2017
  9. Joe Smith780

Joe Smith780 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

16 0
    ISP is better as you can store your documents in Cloud and also use it on multiple devices

Posted: Dec 30, 2017 By: Joe Smith780 Member since: Dec 30, 2017
  10. ffox

ffox UKBF Regular Free Member

1,261 219
    Hi Joe, You need to re-read the question, or bone up on Office 365 a little more. The platform allows you to store in the cloud and access from any device regardless of where who you purchase it from.

Posted: Dec 30, 2017 By: ffox Member since: Mar 11, 2004
  11. Ilyas Mohammed

Ilyas Mohammed UKBF Newcomer Free Member

9 2
    Hi Columbo

We are a certified Cloud Service Provider and can give you any advice you need about the 2 options if you private message me i can provide you the information.

Regards

Posted: Jan 16, 2018 By: Ilyas Mohammed Member since: Jan 8, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.