General Business Forum Brought to you by Salesforce

Odd Email

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Mac Yeti, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mac Yeti

Mac Yeti UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1,172 13
    I received this today,

Dear CEO,
    We are Shanghai NET Network Service Co., Ltd, which is the domain name register center in China. I have something need to confirm with you. We have received an application formally, one company named "BeLiTe (HongKong) Investment Co.,Ltd" applies for the domain names (10yetis.TM, 10yetis.cn, 10yetis.com.cn, 10yetis.hk, 10yetis.tw etc.) and the internet brand name (10Yetis) on the internet Jan 13, 2008. We need to know the opinion of your company, because the domain names and keywords may relate to the usufruct of brand name on internet. We would like to get the affirmation of your company, please contact us by telephone or email as soon as possible. Please let someone in your company who is responsible for trademark or intellectual right contact me freely.

It looks like spam but at the same time I didn't want to delete it because if it's not spam do I need to do something about it - if I can?

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 By: Mac Yeti Member since: Aug 22, 2005
  2. An Oasis

An Oasis UKBF Newcomer Full Member

9,901 1,684
    It is the same opportunistic spam that myself and a number of other UKBF'ers have posted, over the last few months.

The only thing I have no idea about is ...the internet brand name (10Yetis). I think that BS but don't take my word for it.

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 By: An Oasis Member since: Oct 3, 2006
  3. HC-Martin

HC-Martin UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1,718 67
    This has been brought up before, basically its scaremongering. They will soon, no doubt try and flog you those domain names (at a price) and you can bet your bottom dollar that there ain't no other company that wants them.

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 By: HC-Martin Member since: Nov 11, 2006
  4. Mac Yeti

1,172 13
    Ah ok, hadn't seen others had received this also. Thanks, Richard and Martin :)

5. PI Guy

PI Guy UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2,495 191
    Posted: Jan 14, 2008 By: PI Guy Member since: Jun 20, 2006
  6. Dawg

Dawg UKBF Newcomer Free Member

10,900 3,466
    Dear Ms Yeti,
    As part of the intellectual property strategy of your PR company, I would like to offer you some domain names, which I feel you should buy immediately. Yeti PR9, Yeti PR8, Yeti PR7, Yeti PR6, Yeti PR5, all in .com, .co.uk etc etc
    With these you could offer paid links to a PR9 site, a PR8 site and so on, all totally legally.
    If you would like to progress this exciting marketing opportunity it will only cost US$500 per name, cheques payable to 'Peter Hain Think Tank', or cash.
    Yours etc.,
    Dodgy Dog Doings.

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 By: Dawg Member since: Feb 12, 2006
  7. Mac Yeti

1,172 13
    Yes OK, on reflection it's quite obviously spam :)

8. An Oasis

An Oasis UKBF Newcomer Full Member

9,901 1,684
    @ $500 a pop, if Jilly doesn't want em I'll have the lot!

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 By: An Oasis Member since: Oct 3, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.