Not sure about this!!!!

Discussion in 'Time Out' started by Merchant UK, Mar 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merchant UK

Merchant UK UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

2,419 592
    Hi all.

This ,might make you laugh but i'm a bit worried and need to know where i stand.

Apparently my Electric meter has not been working correctly and i have been receiving credit notes from SSE Atlantic for around £400 In the Years that they Dispute this 2012 to December 2016 ?? Yes i know they've cocked that up, and if they've done that wrong what else have they done wrong???

We've been paying £48 a month on a budget plan now they say that that the meter has not been recording electric used for 1143 days, even though the meter was read a couple of times every year and we had continued to pay out £48 a month

So where so we stand now as they say we owe for all those years after sending us bills saying we're in credit??

Can they do this or do we have a leg to stand on??

Posted: Mar 2, 2016 By: Merchant UK Member since: Aug 15, 2010
  2. PipeTen-Carl

PipeTen-Carl UKBF Regular Full Member

489 108
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/electricity-meter-accuracy-and-disputes

Sounds logical to me you should get the meter tested/calibrated/fixed, then see what your next month(s) readings are, then you will see if you've been winning or losing over the past periods (with or without the credits). If you're losing then you'll be in a position to request refund / settlement, if you're winning then keep quiet / be willing to accept it as compensation for your inconvenience?

Posted: Mar 2, 2016 By: PipeTen-Carl Member since: Mar 6, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.