Sales, Marketing & PR Brought to you by Adzooma

Not 100% sure what marketing is, or how to do it?

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing & PR' started by AllUpHere, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Ecowritingtablet

Ecowritingtablet UKBF Contributor Free Member

40 2
    no good marketing, no good market share. It is a good compaign to fight.

Posted: Mar 17, 2018 By: Ecowritingtablet Member since: Mar 14, 2018
  2. James Rae

James Rae UKBF Regular Full Member

134 25
    Am I wrong? I believe that the best form of marketing has been and always will be 'word of mouth'. The lowest acquisition cost is that of NEW customers propagated from HAPPY past and exiting customers........ Is it not?

So great offering great customer service and a noteworthy customer experience will provide reviews to attract new customers.

Posted: Apr 6, 2018 By: James Rae Member since: Mar 31, 2018
  3. Davidincognac

Davidincognac UKBF Contributor Full Member

53 4
    many people have not yet come across sales copy

Posted: Apr 10, 2018 By: Davidincognac Member since: Apr 9, 2018
  4. Darren Johnson

Darren Johnson UKBF Newcomer Free Member

15 0
    Good post, how long have you been doing this?

Posted: Apr 19, 2018 By: Darren Johnson Member since: Apr 19, 2018
  5. Odiliangosselin

Odiliangosselin UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4 0
    Nice information, The main thing which I like "Marketing isn't another name for advertising." People often consider that Marketing=Branding=Asvertising, which is completely wrong.

Posted: Apr 20, 2018 By: Odiliangosselin Member since: Apr 2, 2018
  6. Jay Shields

Jay Shields UKBF Newcomer Free Member

26 3
    You need to have your core marketing message built into every level of communication with customers and potential customers. To do this, you need to understand what your customer's psychological goal is.

Posted: Apr 21, 2018 By: Jay Shields Member since: Apr 16, 2018
  7. UACU

UACU UKBF Contributor Full Member

50 4
    Very good writing, A good example to do marketing of own business

Posted: Apr 26, 2018 By: UACU Member since: Jun 2, 2017
  8. SEO.co.uk

SEO.co.uk UKBF Contributor Full Member

44 1
    I think sales will always be a part of marketing. I have a lot of sales and it definetly helps to spread the word. Try talking to as many people as possible.

Posted: May 15, 2018 By: SEO.co.uk Member since: May 14, 2018
  9. Calvin Crane

Calvin Crane UKBF Regular Full Member

116 18
    At the very top of this discussion was the point I strongly agree with. It saddens me that many would be successful businesses will fail because they fail to do more than have a facebook page and or twitter. These are great tools and those channels are excellent but they are just a part of the digital marketing mix. Also those platforms are very good at getting you to boost a post etc..If you do advertise on those channels do so by directly targeting setting an Ad up properly not boost a post. You may need to do a lot of testing reading and be ready to loose money when you start if you are going to DIY it. Then you need to look at the sales funnel side after the social media click happens..conversion.

Posted: Jun 19, 2018 By: Calvin Crane Member since: Jun 8, 2018
  10. Cullen Evans

Cullen Evans UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Excellent post. I think you're absolutely right, marketing should incorporate all aspects of the business and we should always be thinking about how we can market ourselves more and more each day.

That being said, I think a lot of people forget about how our own customers can be used as marketing tools - seen as word of mouth promotion is the most powerful form of promotion for small businesses.

There are lots of platforms that make this easy for business owners out there too these days and Im curious why so many SB owners are not using them to gather feedback.

There's some food for thought guys!

Posted: Jun 27, 2018 By: Cullen Evans Member since: Jun 27, 2018
  11. Dheepika Cho

Dheepika Cho UKBF Newcomer Free Member

8 1
    I
    It's indeed thought provoking. Thanks for the good post.

Posted: Jul 20, 2018 By: Dheepika Cho Member since: Jun 20, 2018
  12. AMSUSER

AMSUSER UKBF Contributor Full Member

30 4
    I think that the many arms of marketing include:

Public relations
    Brand management
    Market research
    Marketing communications, which can be further divided into digital marketing, social media marketing, direct (mail) marketing, and traditional channels like print, radio, and billboards.
    Sales
    Customer service

Marketing is not sales. Yes, it leads to sales by getting the word out there through branding and advertising, via both the written word and images, and then luring prospective customers in, but a marketer is not the one to actually interact with the sales lead—that’s the job of the sales person in the sales department.

Posted: Jul 24, 2018 By: AMSUSER Member since: Jul 20, 2018
  13. Partner Relations

Partner Relations UKBF Newcomer Free Member

12 0
    This is a very good post and I agree, I even consider the way your dress/present yourself as marketing. I am always ready for somebody to enquire about business just from the way I dress. The other day some kids asked me if I was a member of the secret service. I responded "Yes, but it is a secret so don't tell anybody." appearances are important and I find I am taken more seriously and make better informed decisions when I look like the kind of person who's time is valuable.

Posted: Jul 31, 2018 By: Partner Relations Member since: Jul 31, 2018
  14. Partner Relations

12 0

You hit the nail on the head with customer service, my biggest strength is my in person communication and relationship building skills. I work at a hotel and we have a silent competition of who can get mentioned the most on trip advisor.

15. Partner Relations

12 0
    As I said in my introduction post; a lot of businesses leave so much money on the table...

16. website-designer

website-designer UKBF Newcomer Free Member

22 1
    Marketing... how you're perceived by others.

Every word you say, every word you write as a representative of your business, how you dress to how you leave a prospective customer feeling.

Posted: Dec 4, 2018 By: website-designer Member since: Dec 4, 2018
  17. DmitryAleksandrov

DmitryAleksandrov UKBF Newcomer Full Member

9 0
    Very good opinion

Posted: Dec 10, 2018 at 5:20 PM By: DmitryAleksandrov Member since: Apr 10, 2016