Sales, Marketing & PR Brought to you by Adzooma

Not 100% sure what marketing is, or how to do it?

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing & PR' started by AllUpHere, Feb 25, 2015.

1. HelenCope

HelenCope UKBF Contributor Free Member

28 5
    I have been working as a marketing consultant for the past 15 years and the top tip I would give to you is don't try and do everything your self adopt one social channel and really own it. Dominate your market by creating engaging content and ensure you talk to your customers. If you have a website make sure it is reaching your audience with a SEO campaign and most importantly make sure it is optimised for mobile. Good luck in your marketing journey

Posted: Sep 10, 2017 By: HelenCope Member since: Sep 10, 2017
  2. Markus Brundisteg

Markus Brundisteg UKBF Contributor Free Member

25 5
    Hello, there are plenty of marketing tutorials in Udemy. I highly recommend to watch over it. I think there are many marketing, digital marketing and plenty of other tutorials.

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 By: Markus Brundisteg Member since: Sep 25, 2017
  3. Andreas75

Andreas75 UKBF Newcomer Full Member

12 2
    This is the way to approach, all about reaching the clients/customers they are not aware of your services. Content does this job well if supported with social media.

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 By: Andreas75 Member since: Aug 6, 2015
  4. Articulate Appointments

Articulate Appointments UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4 0
    Hi .. great thread!

Over the years I have found that companies are moving towards more digital marketing- and not enough ‘human’ marketing.

I provide lead generation/appointment setting services - following up all the efforts made after emails etc.

I truly believe ‘the best way to introduce your proposition is through conversation’

Posted: Oct 7, 2017 By: Articulate Appointments Member since: Jul 1, 2017
  5. kaiba134

kaiba134 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

5 0
    nice post, i think the marketing is the activity every company must do if they want to survive

Posted: Oct 29, 2017 By: kaiba134 Member since: Oct 29, 2017
  6. TomJ83

TomJ83 UKBF Regular Free Member

368 75
    That's a nice definition. How to do it then?

Posted: Nov 14, 2017 By: TomJ83 Member since: Aug 30, 2017
  7. Tradejinni

Tradejinni UKBF Newcomer Free Member

6 0
    Marketing is the main pillar by which any company sell their product or any services they offered. Marketing are of two types one is traditional marketing or all of us know by the name of outdoor marketing in which marketer proclaim the name of product or services which they offered by going shop to shop or we can say that its purely B2C which means business to customers.
    And another type of marketing that is Digital marketing in which we can sell company's product or service to a large number and we can also target specific people who actually searching that service or product which exacly same of our product.

Posted: Nov 20, 2017 By: Tradejinni Member since: Nov 18, 2017
  8. Jepherson

Jepherson UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    Marketing can be really exhausting when you are trying to explore all areas and aspects of marketing. One of the reason why people are going into digital marketing is the ease that comes with it. Just put the stuff out there are wait for response. It is easy to get across to an audience online these days.

Posted: Nov 30, 2017 By: Jepherson Member since: Nov 30, 2017
  9. maxbrainer

maxbrainer UKBF Contributor Full Member

32 4
    I agree completely that marketing is everything in an on-line business. I also like the separation between marketing and advertising. Most folks would say they (marketing and advertising) go hand in hand but there is a discernible difference. Ultimately,in my opinion, bad marketing ideas or decisions for practice of business will lead to bad business or no business at all to put it bluntly.

Posted: Dec 7, 2017 By: maxbrainer Member since: Nov 18, 2017
  10. titanlist

titanlist UKBF Newcomer Free Member

15 3
    Have you considered social media marketing? In consequence of being in touch with every alive man, only social media integration can save the world, because of its compatibility with all of the fields in business and life. Try to read more about it if you want.

Posted: Dec 26, 2017 By: titanlist Member since: Sep 26, 2017
  11. vilasmrf

vilasmrf UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0

Hi, This is a nice post for marketers. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about Marketing.

Posted: Jan 11, 2018 By: vilasmrf Member since: Dec 20, 2017
  12. dan_12106

dan_12106 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

10 1
    Great post

Posted: Jan 18, 2018 By: dan_12106 Member since: Dec 19, 2017
  13. KindaichiShota

KindaichiShota UKBF Contributor Free Member

28 5
    The management process through which goods and services move from concept to the customer. It includes the coordination of four elements called the 4 P's of marketing:
    1. identification, selection and development of a product,
    2. determination of its price,
    3. selection of a distribution channel to reach the customer's place, and
    4. development and implementation of a promotional strategy.

For example, new Apple products are developed to include improved applications and systems, are set at different prices depending on how much capability the customer desires, and are sold in places where other Apple products are sold.

In order to promote the device, the company featured its debut at tech events and is highly advertised on the web and on television.
    Marketing is based on thinking about the business in terms of customer needs and their satisfaction. Marketing differs from selling because (in the words of Harvard Business School's retired professor of marketing Theodore C. Levitt) "Selling concerns itself with the tricks and techniques of getting people to exchange their cash for your product. It is not concerned with the values that the exchange is all about. And it does not, as marketing invariable does, view the entire business process as consisting of a tightly integrated effort to discover, create, arouse and satisfy customer needs." In other words, marketing has less to do with getting customers to pay for your product as it does developing a demand for that product and fulfilling the customer's needs.

Posted: Jan 22, 2018 By: KindaichiShota Member since: Nov 8, 2017
  14. KindaichiShota

KindaichiShota UKBF Contributor Free Member

28 5

Posted: Jan 29, 2018 By: KindaichiShota Member since: Nov 8, 2017
  15. bluenun

bluenun UKBF Regular Full Member

457 46
    Are we over egging the custard a little bit ?, you can spend hundreds of hours doing it yourself (time you dont have), you can spend thousands on Google / FaceBook adverts (money you dont have). Make sure your website is attractive / relevant . engaging with some great videos etc.

Then use software to find out where your customers are, what they are talking about and engage with them - I posted yesterday - I use buzzbundle - you config it and then let it go - it will dig out any mention of your 'brand', 'niche', 'keywords' etc - let it run over night while you sleep.

By the following morning I have a report waiting for me - of who said what where, problems, questions, reviews etc - I then spend a few hours going through them - and where relevant I respond with help, advice, tips etc - these are my potential customers I am helping, or ex customers I want back - that customer advice is there for everyone else to see to - free PR.

The beauty of the software is that I can have multiple profiles so can respond as me - a techy, John in Sales, Margaret in finance, or Joe Bloggs member of the public if you get what I mean.

I also used to used hootsuite and tweetdeck but they didnt have the same functionality, you can also schedule posts / tweets. If you want to tweet or post on a certain day / time - you can it does it for you - I wont bang on about it any more as it will send you to sleep, i posted yesterday - they emailed me to say they have a discount till the 31st Jan - 60% off, usually about £160 but they are offering it at around 60quid - that will save you a small fortune - I paid the full price, it;s got me more than 100 times that back in sales.
    That's me done - wittered on for too long - back to work now

Posted: Jan 30, 2018 By: bluenun Member since: Dec 11, 2008
  16. guitarizma

guitarizma UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4 1
    Absoultely agree. I guess one of the biggest problems though is people think "marketing" after product developemnt, whereas it should be all figured out right in the begining before anything else.

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 By: guitarizma Member since: Feb 15, 2018
  17. AllUpHere

AllUpHere UKBF Ace Free Member

2,463 858
    I'm glad it was useful. What kind of business do you run?

Posted: Feb 26, 2018 By: AllUpHere Member since: Jun 30, 2014
  18. AllUpHere

AllUpHere UKBF Ace Free Member

2,463 858
    Sounds like you are just about to hit the marketing jackpot with new legislation looming. I hope you are set up to take advantage of the sales bonanza that's about to happen to your industry.

Posted: Feb 27, 2018 By: AllUpHere Member since: Jun 30, 2014
  19. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

29,290 8,629
    Have you read the whole thread? In any case, your advice is wrong. For example, may small business don't need to spend any money on SEO.

Posted: Mar 4, 2018 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  20. mrbear

mrbear UKBF Newcomer Free Member

15 1
    Wow this thread has blown me away..I need to find out what my target audience wants and tailer my travel products around them..hmm how to find out what they want is the question I guess! Thank you

Posted: Mar 12, 2018 By: mrbear Member since: Feb 26, 2018