Northampton Business Event

Discussion in 'Events' started by easyasit, Jan 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. easyasit

easyasit Contributor

1,264 51
    Hi Guys,

I have been invited to attend this, and been asked to pass this on
    Hope to see you there :)

Copy of our press release as follows:

THE EVENT:

‘New Year New Start’

Lots of people dream of running their own business. Business Support Northamptonshire (see below) has been established to help people make that dream a reality, and we’re starting 2006 with a bang by holding our first event to help people take that first step. It’s called “New Year, New Start.”

On Wednesday 18th January one of the UK’s leading business speakers, Tom Edge, will be giving people practical down to earth advice on how they can get started. Tom has 25 years experience and has trained some 25,000 businesses – he knows what he is talking about! Tom is a motivational speaker, but what is special about Tom is that his ideas are essentially PRACTICAL and they are delivered with a deadpan black country humour which is brilliant. Unlike many successful men Tom is not full of himself, but positively inspired to help other people succeed as he has.

If you know anyone who has been thinking about and talking about becoming their own boss, but lacks the courage to take that difficult first step – please encourage them to attend this event. The venue is the Park Inn in Silver Street, Northampton (formerly the Moat House Hotel). It will run from 7pm to 9.30pm and light refreshments will be provided. It’s free of charge, but places do need to be pre-booked by calling Business Support Northamptonshire on 0845 456 8281 or emailing [email protected].

THE ORGANISATION:
    Starting from 1st September 2005, Business Support Northamptonshire (BSN) brought together 9 of the County’s business support organizations under one umbrella, enabling them to work together to offer a better service for small businesses and people starting up in Northamptonshire. BSN partners include:

Business Link

Enterprise Solutions Northamptonshire (ESN)

Kettering Business Venture Trust

Prince’s Trust

TNG Business Services

Northamptonshire Women’s Network

Northampton Business School

Northants County Council

BSN offers FREE advice and mentoring for anyone who needs help with the practical or technical issues arising from starting up a business or as a self-employed person. Need to know whether to start up as a sole trader or a limited company? Don’t know where and how to find customers or suppliers? Trading for a while but just not achieving the sales you thought you would? Contact BSN and we can help.

BSN is currently located temporarily at the premises of Enterprise Solutions Northamptonshire, at 214a Kettering Road, Northampton but the business will shortly be moving to large, new, purpose-built premises in Sheep Street, Northampton. This will probably be happening at the start of March 2006 and BSN will have a grand opening event then.

Posted: Jan 13, 2006 By: easyasit Member since: Jan 7, 2006
  2. easyasit

easyasit Contributor

1,264 51
    for those of you who cannot attend, i have will try to record this and make the audio available somehow to you :)

Al

Posted: Jan 13, 2006 By: easyasit Member since: Jan 7, 2006
  3. easyasit

easyasit Contributor

1,264 51
    Hi guys

I have recieved a number of pms about the above mentioned avent, so i thought it could be wise just to clarify things.

The event is FREE, but you need to pre book. The email and telephone needed to do this is given in the thread.

also
    I am not orgainsing this event, i have only been advised of it myself. The even itself is being sponsored by a number of organisations within northants.
    As per the number attending, i have absolutely no idea either. I would imagine it is being quite well marketed within business circles though.
    Places do appear to be limited, hence one is asked to call to book first.

If anyone does have any issues with booking, drop me an email by tomorrow night on [email protected]
    Might be wise to give me ur address also so that tickets can be posted direct to you.

Al

I hope

Posted: Jan 15, 2006 By: easyasit Member since: Jan 7, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.