North East Meeting

Discussion in 'Events' started by da8iwr, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. da8iwr

da8iwr Contributor

1,187 134
    Hi There, just seen this post as I've been away a little while, but also posted on the the other thread about making a full time business group.

Personally, i was thinking of making the UKBF meeting into a more of a social type thing, and then trying to kick start from it a real networking/business club.

From what i have experienced in other meetings i have been too, i usually find when a group of people/strangers who don't know each other well meet up, to break the ice they usually introduce themselves. So if we all had a few mins each to kind of take the floor and say

This will make this meeting more of a business type thing, rather than just a curry with the lads and lasses. And of course as all self employed people (including me) love to talk about what they do and how they do it better than everybody else, then i imagine the majority of the conversations will be focused on business.

But at the same time, this is just a forum/website, so i was actually thinking it was more of a way for people to put faces to the names.

It makes much more sense reading these posts/threads when you can visualise and understand the type of person the poster is.

So if this was to be "a get to know each other", and the business club gives you a real time slot to present your work to other members properly with laptops, hand outs and presentations etc, maybe that would work a little better.

I personally think we should make a date and just get on with it like they did in Manchester a few weeks back, which was very successful and was just a social meet up.

All the best
    Ian

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 By: da8iwr Member since: Oct 16, 2006
  2. protobyte

protobyte UKBF Newcomer

33 2
    Please count me in! I'm a software freelancer from Newcastle.

Posted: Jul 23, 2008 By: protobyte Member since: Jul 23, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.