North East Meeting

Discussion in 'Events' started by da8iwr, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elainec100@cheapaccounting

[email protected] Contributor

13,267 2,882

Your the 2nd person to say that to me in the last copy of days but I don't know Giant Potential and I can't believe that there are 2 of me!

Posted: Apr 18, 2008 By: [email protected] Member since: Nov 4, 2005
  2. da8iwr

da8iwr Contributor

1,187 134
    Im not really sure, it would be good if there was some kind of geo map to show where members here where from, as i have no idea how many are from the better part of the UK.

I try not to use UKBF much, as it distracts me from work so much, that i never get any work done! I must have spent about 40% of my time on UKBF today, im never gonna make my million this way am I!!!

So if anybody else knows of a true northerner, let them know about this thread :)

Posted: Apr 18, 2008 By: da8iwr Member since: Oct 16, 2006
  3. Carl-CSNM

Carl-CSNM Contributor

5,209 208
    I suppose I should show my face at a North East meeting as everyone thinks I'm a robot :p after-all I do live in the North East.

Posted: Apr 18, 2008 By: Carl-CSNM Member since: Apr 9, 2006
  4. Fireside

Fireside Contributor

154 2
    Elaine
    Sorry, maybe another networking group. I'm a member of so many I sometime get mixed up.
    da8iwr
    I'm a N.E.C.C. member maybe I should put the word about next time at a networking lunch.
    Carl
    Durham ok for you?

Posted: Apr 18, 2008 By: Fireside Member since: Jan 4, 2007
  5. da8iwr

da8iwr Contributor

1,187 134
    Fireside that would be great, i was also thinking about putting a few other invites around, in places such as the Sunderland Business innovation centre (BIC), Business Link north east, chamber of commerce, NEUPG suppliers (North East University suppliers) and so on.

I will also ask the BDaily to advertise it as well, and for those of you in the north east that dont know what the BDaily is, SHAME ON YOU!!!!
    http://bdaily.info/
    Subscribe to it!!!

I will wait to see what response we have from here first, so we can make it just a UKBF meet, but if there is only half a dozen of us, i think it will be better to change it into a SME business meet.

Posted: Apr 18, 2008 By: da8iwr Member since: Oct 16, 2006
  6. Fireside

Fireside Contributor

154 2
    So, not much response then. Or is Friday nights not the time to be doing this kind of thing.

Posted: Apr 18, 2008 By: Fireside Member since: Jan 4, 2007
  7. da8iwr

da8iwr Contributor

1,187 134
    I dont think there is anybody else here from the northeast!!!

Posted: Apr 19, 2008 By: da8iwr Member since: Oct 16, 2006
  8. Fireside

Fireside Contributor

154 2
    There is the printed bag guy and one other that comes to mind. Can't think of the name but it will come to me.

Posted: Apr 19, 2008 By: Fireside Member since: Jan 4, 2007
  9. Scott-Copywriter

Scott-Copywriter Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor

9,770 2,692
    Not sure if I've posted in this thread or not to be honest :p

I'm from the North-East and I've met da8iwr before so I'll be up for coming.

Posted: Apr 19, 2008 By: Scott-Copywriter Member since: May 10, 2006
  10. OfficeSlaves

OfficeSlaves UKBF Newcomer

10 1
    My vote is also for the Gate

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 By: OfficeSlaves Member since: Apr 16, 2008
  11. da8iwr

da8iwr Contributor

1,187 134
    That's another one....anymore ladies and gentlemen?

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 By: da8iwr Member since: Oct 16, 2006
  12. Simon Hughes

Simon Hughes UKBF Newcomer

27 6
    I am up for that - The Gate would be OK for me, as a starter, how about Thursday 29th May or Thursday 5th June straight after work?

Posted: May 18, 2008 By: Simon Hughes Member since: May 14, 2008
  13. Fireside

Fireside Contributor

154 2
    Still more interested in Durham, sorry Newcastel is far too busy to get too.

Posted: May 18, 2008 By: Fireside Member since: Jan 4, 2007
  14. da8iwr

da8iwr Contributor

1,187 134
    Hi fireside
    From Durham, straight up the A1, off at the Dunstan turn off, that takes you over the Redheugh bridge, and drive up to the little round about where st Jame's park and china town is, turn right into china town and your at "The Gate" underground car park.

I believe its £1 all night after 7pm till 12 midnight but im not 100% sure on that.

Also i genuinely wouldn't mind picking you up from Durham and car sharing, as im only in Sunderland.

Even at 5pm on Friday, there will be no hold ups at all on that journey, but at 7pm or later on a quieter day, you will be lucky to even see another vehicle.

I'm just thinking about other people to get to Durham by public transport, most will need to travel to Newc, change, and then travel to Durham. Also if we chose a quiet evening like a Tuesday, Thursday (student night) or Sunday, there will be no lager loots and the roads will be completely dead.

There is also a direct train from Durham to Newc (the main London to Edinburgh train and many others), would that not be an option, as this would allow you to have a glass of wine (or 2) as well ;).

I have posted a poll, to make this fair :)
    http://www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=67967

Posted: May 23, 2008 By: da8iwr Member since: Oct 16, 2006
  15. Magsite

Magsite Contributor

1,588 62
    Hi all, I live in the middle of Durham and Newcastle so both are favoured by me.

Durham, with the opening of the gala area, (some good new bars including a champagne bar) with a few restaurants would be a good choice. Theres a new massive car park if your driving, and a travel lodge (or is it premier inn) if your staying.

Thursday night through to Sunday nights are busy there.

Posted: May 23, 2008 By: Magsite Member since: Oct 1, 2005
  16. Fireside

Fireside Contributor

154 2
    Thanks for the directions. I live in County Durham not Durham city, so getting the train would be no good. Just organise it and if I can make I will try my best.
    Thanks again

Posted: May 23, 2008 By: Fireside Member since: Jan 4, 2007
  17. imp man

imp man Contributor

130 4
    I'm up for a meet, preferably in the Toon

Posted: May 23, 2008 By: imp man Member since: Nov 19, 2007
  18. borobabe

borobabe Contributor

531 42
    Bit too far for me sorry, maybe next time have one a bit further south?

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 By: borobabe Member since: Apr 24, 2008
  19. Scott-Copywriter

Scott-Copywriter Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor

9,770 2,692
    Anymore up for this? I think Ian should get down to sorting out some solid plans so we can see who we'll have coming for definite ;)

Posted: Jun 18, 2008 By: Scott-Copywriter Member since: May 10, 2006
  20. da8iwr

da8iwr Contributor

1,187 134
    OK i think its fair to say that Newcastle has won the poll
    http://www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=67967

Now we need to work out when and where.... Any ideas?

I was thinking of meeting in a pub, then going for a meal, then retiring back to another pub. This allows us all to meet up easily in good time, and go together to the restaurant, so no stragglers. Then if anybody is still willing to have a bit of a longer evening (those without kids and dogs to walk), can make their way to another pub or pubs and finish the night.

How about first suggestion, Pitcher and Piano, then to Cocomos Italian restaurant.

The reason why, is Pitcher and piano is great location right next to the millennium bridge (for people to find it), and if you are wanting to drive, you can drive right down to the Baltic car park, and walk over the bridge and you are literally there in the doors almost, its £1 all night to park there after 6pm i think. There are almost no few drunks in that area, and the people who are, are usually office workers drinking after work.

Coco-mos, is well priced, has lot so space, and has great food.

But that's just an idea, as of course we talked about the other side earlier in the thread, near The Gate.

Any other preferences?
    Regards
    Ian

Posted: Jun 18, 2008 By: da8iwr Member since: Oct 16, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.