Sales, Marketing & PR Brought to you by Adzooma

No sales high traffic

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing & PR' started by sean wiggins, Jul 2, 2018.

1. sean wiggins

sean wiggins UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    hi everyone, im new here trying to figure out if you guys can help me, i currently run a website - Pretty Little Smells - we have been running SEO and ad-words/bing campaigns to increase traffic and currently we are getting around 250-350 unique visitors a day but 0 sales we really do not know what else to do, we have offered 10% off 20% off promotions and free delivery on orders over £20, yet still nothing over nearly a year, we have a Facebook page with 740 likes and post everyday, we have researched and done some onsite testing with over 100 people and there feed back was relatively positive, we have run email campaigns through mail chimp, we have made changes to improve the customer experience and have changed our cart provider for a better checkout experience, we are lost as to what to do next, i have just start using Hotjar which records the visitor on our website and the actions clicks scrolls etc so we can gather more information about why there not converting hopefully we can work with something on there to start seeing results, the strange thing is our bounce rate through google analytics is 31% can someone please give us some help or advise on what we can do next, we are at the point of ceasing the whole project and giving up.

Posted: Jul 2, 2018 By: sean wiggins Member since: Jul 2, 2018
  2. Calvin Crane

Calvin Crane UKBF Contributor Full Member

99 16
    It sounds like your traffic is not interested enough. Do you have abandoned carts? Are you getting ANY engagement pre sales like questions? No complaints about the checkout process etc?
    I think there is a category in this forum that allows you to submit your url so that we can demo it.

How can you be sure the price point is right? Have you tried a pop up stall? Do people buy in other ways?

Maybe your adverts are not bringing the right kind of traffic and your keywords are too general. I would say your bounce rate is not too high though which does counter my argument so even with discount are your prices or shipping off?

Posted: Jul 2, 2018 By: Calvin Crane Member since: Jun 8, 2018
  3. mattk

mattk UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1,573 677
    Your prices look quite high:

Perfect Pamper Collection Egg Bath Bomb Gift Set 4 x 70g Bath Bomb
    You: £5.98
    fragrancedirect: £2.99

Bourjois Lip Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick 6.7ml
    You: £7.63
    Feelunique: £2.95

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Intensive Lip Repair Balm 11.6ml
    You: £17.05
    Allbeauty: £14.95

Please note, this is not an in-depth analysis of your pricing and I know nothing about make-up and beauty products!

Posted: Jul 2, 2018 By: mattk Member since: Dec 5, 2005
  4. sean wiggins

sean wiggins UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    we have customers browsing all our products, engagement is good with the average time spent being just over 3 minutes, the pricing side of things we are competitive infact we have researched our competitors and we are relatively the same pricing, structure, we offer live chat to customers onsite but we never really get any questions or complaints about the site everyone we have asked has fed-back that they would buy from the site, we are considering offering free shipping on all orders but slightly increasing the cost to counter this otherwise we would be out of pocket but its worth a try ?

we really are lost as to why we are making no sales, we target UK customers, Europe but currently our traffic is coming from USA and Canada, this is not the first time we have run a website and our previous sites have been successful we have done a lot of research and work to the site and still nothing.

Posted: Jul 2, 2018 By: sean wiggins Member since: Jul 2, 2018
  5. Calvin Crane

Calvin Crane UKBF Contributor Full Member

99 16
    "we target UK customers, Europe but currently our traffic is coming from USA and Canada"
    So your advertising is not working there then, restrict your google ads to the uk for a time if you are not already. Try to go free on postage. I think the kinds of things you sell I would wait to buy when I don't need to pay postage.
    Mattk has just shown your pricing to be high unless that was a few items.

It sounds like your advertising is being done wrong to a large extent. people in Canada and the USA will not buy.

I think your answers are all here now.

Posted: Jul 2, 2018 By: Calvin Crane Member since: Jun 8, 2018
  6. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

29,200 8,617
    Change the site. Change your advertising. Change your marketing.

If you are getting visits but not sales then you need to change one or more of the above. What changes you need to make you will only discover by testing.

And get a .co.uk not a .com.

There are loads of things need to fix on the site. Join UKBF as a full member and get your site reviewed.

Posted: Jul 2, 2018 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  7. NewGardenStyle

NewGardenStyle UKBF Regular Free Member

372 82
    Probably curiosity clicks - visitors clicking to see what you do with no buying intent.

I've not looked at your website, and know nothing about your industry, but what do you do that is compelling compared to your competitors? I see from the above posts that some of your products are being sold elsewhere for cheaper. I'm usually of the opinion that if the products you want to stock are already widely available, find different products.

Posted: Jul 3, 2018 By: NewGardenStyle Member since: Jun 26, 2014
  8. StevePoster

StevePoster UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

953 137
    There are lots of things to be considered on the reasons why there are no sales but the site have high traffic. Here are some of them:
    abandoned carts due to negative reviews
    not competitive prices
    product warranty
    navigation issue

Posted: Jul 4, 2018 By: StevePoster Member since: Nov 29, 2013
  9. Nochexman

Nochexman UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

1,621 259
    Just did a search on Google and found https://www.prettylittlesmells.com/about-us-1-w.asp. No pictures on the page and I (like many people on the web) can't be bothered to read to find out what you do. The description on this page is "About Us Pretty Little Smells is a leading UK High street Cosmetics Fragrances and Professional Hair Care Product Supplier stocking over 8 000" - do people search for the things you are selling using these keywords? What keywords are you using to get 250-350 unique visitors a day?

Posted: Jul 4, 2018 By: Nochexman Member since: Jun 14, 2011
  10. OliviaCaitlin

OliviaCaitlin UKBF Contributor Free Member

35 4
    Well there are lot of reasons for no sales
    1) Your prices are too high
    2) Targeting wrong keywords
    3) low quality product images
    4) Trust Issue
    5) Target area is too broad
    6) right customers are not targeted
    when we are running a e commerce store then the selection of Keywords is very important because there are users who are coming to our product page just for reference, second one for comparison and third one to buy the Product.You need top target the Third type of customers aand for that you have a very selective audience.

Posted: Jul 4, 2018 By: OliviaCaitlin Member since: May 31, 2018
  11. debbidoo

debbidoo UKBF Ace Free Member

1,803 572
    Review your product descriptions. In the bath bombs sections your 'product information' is literally just the title of the product. In the 'bath oils' section, the products I looked at have identical product descriptions to every other website selling those products.

Use your home page to sell your products, too. There's virtually no text on your home page. You want to hook visitors in and make them desperate to become your customers. A couple of meaningless headings overlaid on nice photos doesn't do it for me, I'm afraid - I want to know why I should shop with you and not your competitors, and I'm not arsing around looking for an 'about us' page to find out that information :)

You need copy that makes people desperate to buy the products. Concentrate on benefits, not features - appeal to how the customer wants to *feel* after using the product.

Posted: Jul 4, 2018 By: debbidoo Member since: Apr 10, 2008
  12. Chi Doan

Chi Doan UKBF Contributor Free Member

32 2
    Did you try FB ads, from our experience that FB drive more customer than those ads networks.
    You can set a very small target customers for you product.

Posted: Jul 4, 2018 By: Chi Doan Member since: Mar 31, 2018
  13. MBE2017

MBE2017 UKBF Regular Free Member

488 101
    Not a market I know anything about, but when I was in retail I often made many more sales with a more condensed amount of products. Sometimes you can offer too much, making it harder for a potential client to decide on a purchase.

It might help to add free tutorials on using new products etc to gain extra interest, offer more value, but not necessarily just by discounting.

One other point, why the schmultzy spiel about being a leading retailer blah blah blah when you are not making sales? Reword the phrasing, don’t try to make yourself into something you are not, people are cute these days, plus this webpage will probably come up in future searches on your company name.

It would be worth asking for a website review through the forum, available to paid members, the site looks nice, but it is not working as is.

Posted: Jul 10, 2018 By: MBE2017 Member since: Feb 16, 2017
  14. CarlosTorres

CarlosTorres UKBF Newcomer Free Member

11 4
    May be you are targeting wrong audience! Try to increase brand reputation through AI as this is nowadays main concern. Try to post images that show positive services to customers. Even the photographs with happy customers is great idea.

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 By: CarlosTorres Member since: May 2, 2018
  15. Devin Murphy

Devin Murphy UKBF Newcomer Free Member

18 2
    I think you should analyse your website with the other competitors. You products seem over priced when compared to the others. If you are selling premium quality products then you should look at your keywords may be they are not sales specific. Try to look and analyse your competitors keywords will give you a better insight.

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 By: Devin Murphy Member since: Jul 2, 2018
  16. UACU

UACU UKBF Contributor Full Member

50 4
    You need to check your product price in comparison with your competitor, I have seen many website customers only visit for product information then buy from the cheapest option.

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 By: UACU Member since: Jun 2, 2017
  17. Scott-Copywriter

Scott-Copywriter UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

9,443 2,553
    I posted a lengthy piece of advice regarding improvements to your website but it was deleted because "Website reviews in any form are not permitted except in the review forum (which is only for full members)", so that was a mammoth waste of my time.

I'll try again with something that's hopefully allowed: your website needs to be improved.

Best of luck.

Posted: Jul 14, 2018 By: Scott-Copywriter Member since: May 10, 2006
  18. bmt Promotions

bmt Promotions UKBF Contributor Free Member

30 0
    Well there are lot of reasons for no sales,

1 Your prices look quite high
    2 Targeting wrong keywords
    3 low quality product images
    4 Trust Issue
    5 Target area is too broad

Posted: Jul 19, 2018 By: bmt Promotions Member since: Jul 6, 2018
  19. Flatspin

Flatspin UKBF Contributor Full Member

44 2
    Just doing a quick check - it's not really mobile-friendly. It works, but you need some serious eyesight to see some of the images.

As mobile is now the predominant means of Internet access, you may want to address this.

Posted: Jul 19, 2018 By: Flatspin Member since: Dec 14, 2017
  20. Mike Herberts

Mike Herberts UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    I just searched amazon for the products you are selling.

They are all available there [all the ones I searched] plus 1.000's of other products.
    Your prices seem ok but who would know?

You are in an incredibly difficult market...maybe try to list some loss leaders on ebay [or amazon] to create a customer data base that you could then market to directly.

Posted: Jul 20, 2018 By: Mike Herberts Member since: Jul 31, 2014