No More Annoying Sales Calls

Discussion in 'Press Releases' started by cjd, Nov 30, 2010.

1. cjd

cjd UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

15,445 3,069
    Posted: Nov 30, 2010 By: cjd Member since: Nov 23, 2005
  2. daniel.benson

daniel.benson UKBF Enthusiast Full Member - Verified Business

618 112
    My offices phones are 0844 numbers and if my clients use this how can I contact them??? Between my offices i have 17 numbers...

How does it stop a sales call for the first time, so if they ring from 0177212341234 (they don't all call from 0844 or withheld numbers) and get through to the person, they put the phone down then add the number to the list by this time the sales person has already got through to me then sold my number onto the next sales company another new number to block???

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
    Posted: Nov 30, 2010 By: daniel.benson Member since: Nov 16, 2010
  3. cjd

15,445 3,069

4. daniel.benson

618 112
    I can't see much use for this system, If I'm a sales person and this system takes off and blocks my 0844 number Ill just use a VOIP phone with an 01772 etc phone number to ring people then change the number when needed. Most providers don't ask for ID so I can have all sorts of numbers with no link back to my telepest sales company.

By the time someone added the sales call number 9/10 they wont call back again. If I'm ringing my clients or my clients are ringing me then am sure they don't want to waste their time being screened and verified when all it takes normally is to hang up the phone.

In this current climate I can risk and am sure other businesses cannot risk loosing custom through not being able to get through on the phone. They will simply put the phone down and ring another company.

I can see a use for home use but as a business use its no good too risky to loose calls.

5. cjd

15,445 3,069
    Oh I'm sure you sneaky telesales people will try all sorts of dubious tactics to call people who don't want your calls - but the game just got a bit harder didn't it?

(Of course you could always see it as something that helps you; if someone is so p1ssed off with your calls that they're prepared to pay for a tool to stop you, they're not going to buy from you anyway.)

6. daniel.benson

618 112
    Me or none of my staff don't cold call or employ the services of telesales people all my services are advertised goggle, locally, emails etc. The game has't got harder at all you've got to sell this product first and you'll only sell it if you lie to your potential clients and say it works perfect leaving out the fact that their clients and potential clients wont be able to call them with the service and leaving out that they have to log onto an account to block a number which will more than likely not call again, Most people can block numbers anyway with the Landline phones.

7. cjd

15,445 3,069
    The lady doth protest too much, methinks :)

8. jamie2007

jamie2007 UKBF Contributor Free Member

84 12
    Lets face it, If you didnt have cold callers that were offering you a solution/product that helps you or assists you in business then you would be none the wiser and you would probably be behind the competition

Is it really wise to block all those sales calls?

Maybe its a case of you have had lots of people cold calling you that havent actually asked about your needs, requirements etc etc rather than give you a whole lot of waffle and to try and push something onto you that wouldnt be of benefit.

I have had great success with appointing VOIP solutions and building a solid sales pipeline into schools and colleges on behalf of a VOIP company, so you missing a trick me thinks?

Posted: Dec 1, 2010 By: jamie2007 Member since: Aug 20, 2007
  9. cjd

15,445 3,069
    That makes the usual assumption that companies do no research of their own, don't know their own business and need to wait for a telesales agent to educate them. That's not something that I feel the need for.

In my view yes. But the service does not block all calls - a cold caller will get through every time if they're honest enough to use a proper geographic number as their Caller ID.

I leave the decision to block and what kind of calls to block to my customers. If they wish to receive cold calls from companies too dishonest to forward their CLI, that's up to them. I'm simply giving people the choice.

It's a trick I'm happy to miss but I wish you luck - I recognise that it works for some.

Like I say, if a company uses the call barring service they will never buy from a telesales call anyway so we've saved you the time and effort.

For the last 2 months I have been called at home 3 times per day, every day from an Indian call centre witholding its number. This service blocks that kind of abuse at the click of a button and does not prevent honest UK companies going about their business.

Despite being on the TPS list I also get calls from UK companies using ordinary numbers - I can now block them one by one. It strikes as being a perfectly reasonable and proportional response to an increasing problem and responsible telesales people should support it.

Posted: Dec 1, 2010 By: cjd Member since: Nov 23, 2005
  10. jamie2007

jamie2007 UKBF Contributor Free Member

84 12
    You have some very valid points CJD, getting 3 times a day by overseas call centres would sure annoy the heck out of me too.

Posted: Dec 23, 2010 By: jamie2007 Member since: Aug 20, 2007
  11. Merchant UK

Merchant UK UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

2,419 593
    I think its a great idea, i've had loads of calls lately from various companies some appearing to sound pretty official and when i go to phone them back (0844 from my mobile at nearly £2 a minute :eek:) it turns out to be some sort of sales gimick.

The ones i hate are those that ask me to confirm my identity, like date of birth and mothers maiden name, (ID Theft springs to mind) which i never give out to anyone over the phone whoever they may be, i always get them to write to me if they have something important to say. The emabarassment to continually keep telling the person that you are not answering that type of question over the phone has lead to some pretty rude and spectacular hang ups ;)

I for one would be well pleased with the ability to block all unsolicitied calls

Great work CJD, keep it up :D

Posted: Dec 23, 2010 By: Merchant UK Member since: Aug 15, 2010
  12. Olivia.Smith.514

Olivia.Smith.514 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

15 1
    Well, Sales Call have become such pain :(

Posted: Dec 24, 2010 By: Olivia.Smith.514 Member since: Dec 23, 2010
  13. DIAL08INFO

DIAL08INFO UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    I used to withold my phone number however many companies use a software (legally) which display witheld numbers. Dial08 provide a genuine caller displayer. 0800 810 1025

Posted: Jan 3, 2011 By: DIAL08INFO Member since: Jan 3, 2011
  14. spencer08

spencer08 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

14 1
    This article will help everyone to know so much important information. It is very alternative for people and this article can help anybody. It have been known you that annoying sales calls.

Posted: Jan 8, 2011 By: spencer08 Member since: Dec 8, 2010
  15. MASSEY

MASSEY UKBF Legend Full Member

10,317 1,782
    Keep taking the tablets mate.

Posted: Jan 8, 2011 By: MASSEY Member since: Nov 29, 2009
  16. daniel.benson

618 112
    :|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|

Posted: Jan 8, 2011 By: daniel.benson Member since: Nov 16, 2010
  17. qsunvle

qsunvle UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4 0
    i never give out my dob on the phone, when i get a call on the phone, im like if your not telling me where you calling from your not getting my dob or any security number. Your the caller, tell me which company you calling from, cant do that? i just put the phone donw.

Posted: Jan 8, 2011 By: qsunvle Member since: Jan 8, 2011
  18. Brookdel

Brookdel UKBF Newcomer Free Member

19 3
    That sounds great we had a call at 3am in the morning from a call centre from some foreign land. what a p##s take

Posted: Jan 23, 2011 By: Brookdel Member since: Jan 23, 2011
  19. samuelsun

samuelsun UKBF Newcomer Free Member

77 6
    I 100% agree with you people , the one bad thing they are doing is calling in wrong timings, i am not a sales person but we outsourced our project to such countries for the sake of promotion and increasing in sale ,in short just for sake of money.they are doing what they are paid for,the only thing they need , is , training to make a professional calls to any unknown person.what to ask , how to ask and when to call.

Posted: Jan 25, 2011 By: samuelsun Member since: Nov 15, 2010