Nice Local SEO clients, how much would you pay for a lead?

Discussion in 'SEO, PPC and Online Marketing' started by SEO Lady, Jan 26, 2021.

1. SEO Lady

SEO Lady SEO Freelance Consultant. Domain migration expert. Full Member - Verified Business

2,098 389
    Hi guys n gals

Has anyone sold SEO leads and how?

My business has evolved to the point I'm being forced to decline some client and enquiries as they are too small for me.

Sometimes it takes a couple of emails to help them understand what their ultimate website goal it. Usually giving them a lightbulb moment when they realise how to check their own Google rankings and how to choose a few logical search phrases instead of slapping you with a spreadsheet detailing 6,758 long tail search terms.

The nice clients, the polite ones that aren't demanding, usually a friend of a friend, a client referral, the ones that found you organically in Google and have read your reviews and SEO beginners blog articles. The ones that don't argue about prices or demand discounts or Quick Cheap SEO Please.

I'm almost at capacity for the next 4 months at least, I've had several ex nice geographically-targeted clients who paused their campaigns for a good reason come back to me this month. I've even had a lady hunt me down from 2015 and is begging me to take her money, look this ain't no humblebrag this is how it is.

Most nice clients I turn down ask me "Do you know anyone else you would recommend" and I don't know the answer to this question.

Have any of you lot sold hot SEO leads with nice clients waiting for the personal touch and a friendly voice? The ones you wish you could help but genuinely don't have the time? The ones that will probably do a 6 month campaign and spend 4 figures?

The ones I don't want them spending money over at Fiverrr as they are desperate for Google success?

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 By: SEO Lady Member since: Aug 28, 2009
  2. zigojacko

zigojacko I say it how it is Full Member - Verified Business

3,712 1,202
    Depends how qualified it is and/or how much it is worth.

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 By: zigojacko Member since: Dec 7, 2009
  3. SEO Lady

SEO Lady SEO Freelance Consultant. Domain migration expert. Full Member - Verified Business

2,098 389
    Educate me, how can I demonstrate a qualified lead?

For example are they willing to pay for an initial consultation?

As I said most clients are looking for 6 month trials as SME's or sole traders

4. SEO Lady

2,098 389
    OK so today I have 2 nice clients both qualified SEO leads

5. JEREMY HAWKE

JEREMY HAWKE UKBF Legend Full Member

5,809 2,116
    Just interested in your comment on the size of customer project
    I'm guessing you are thinking about monthly spend

How many hours per month spend does an seo customer become viable ?

Posted: Jan 27, 2021 By: JEREMY HAWKE Member since: Mar 4, 2008
  6. SEO Lady

2,098 389
    Great question!

That's a piece of string Jeremy, these days my core client base are eCommerce SME's between 1-2 full days a month, but I have sole traders as legacy clients going back a decade or more. These small clients pay on time, provide a blog post promptly and communicate effectively and are between 3-5 hours a month.

It's all about the decision maker at times, I'm less willing to work 2 days a month on a website with poor design whereby I'm responsible for everything from content to creatives, having to research a niche product or service I know nothing about to produce SEO content that's factually accurate.

That's mentally harder work than working for a particular chocolate client of mine who is a joy to work with, we brainstorm new marketing ideas (Christmas, Vally's Day, Mother's Day etc) and it's easy to write about a product I find delicious. On top of this they are a family company with superlative customer services, stellar Google reviews and I have gone above the alotted number of hours per month at no charge because I feel excited to contribute and I feel appreciated.

So @JEREMY HAWKE - How many hours per month spend does an SEO customer become viable to you?

Posted: Jan 28, 2021 By: SEO Lady Member since: Aug 28, 2009
  7. JEREMY HAWKE

JEREMY HAWKE UKBF Legend Full Member

5,809 2,116
    Return ratio is what I count :):)

Posted: Jan 28, 2021 By: JEREMY HAWKE Member since: Mar 4, 2008
  8. Aleksander_Gramm

Aleksander_Gramm UKBF Regular Free Member

202 17
    x per cent of the approved contracts.

Posted: Feb 12, 2021 By: Aleksander_Gramm Member since: Dec 14, 2018
  9. Chris1239

Chris1239 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

20 0
    what SEO services exactly do you offer?

Posted: Feb 12, 2021 By: Chris1239 Member since: Aug 8, 2020
  10. Marketing Hub

Marketing Hub UKBF Contributor Full Member

35 3
    Selling leads is the fastest way to scale. I do it in the Handyman/construction sector. Rank a website and either sell the leads or rent out the website

Posted: Apr 29, 2021 By: Marketing Hub Member since: Apr 29, 2021