New Website

Discussion in 'Website Reviews & Testing' started by azeem javed, Sep 24, 2019.

1. azeem javed

azeem javed UKBF Contributor Full Member

33 1
    Posted: Sep 24, 2019 By: azeem javed Member since: Aug 4, 2019
  2. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

30,937 9,071
    First thing I look for on a hosting providers site are their contact details. You don’t appear to have any.

Second things I look for are details about your datacentre. Couldn’t find this either.

I then looked at your dedicated servers and there was nothing of value. I need to contact you to get prices.

There is nothing on the site to make you stand out from all the rest. And the copy doesn’t look like it was written by a native English speaker.

That’s just my first impressions.

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  3. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

30,937 9,071
    PS. The other thing that really annoys me is cookies. Unless a cookie is essential to the functioning of the site I don't want to allow it. On my phone it takes up a good chink of the screen without an opt-out option.

And you aren't even using your own servers! Your website is hosted in the Netherlands.

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  4. I_DO_MARKETING

I_DO_MARKETING UKBF Regular Free Member

402 108
    In a market with little to differentiate yourself from the dozens of other hosting companies, the little things matter.

I would like confidence that you are in the UK and can provide a reliable stable service that I can trust.

If you get a native English speaker to re-write all the copy that will help. You need an authentic voice that is 100% believable and not google-translate %100 questionable.

Get a phone number and something that doesn't scream 'rent-a-po-box' for an address. If you aren't in the UK this may be difficult but you can do better!

Can you find a business to partner with? Find some well-known brands who host in the same centre and creatively use their logo?

You probably have a saleable product but it won't sell unless you get some trust signals on there.

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 By: I_DO_MARKETING Member since: Oct 24, 2015
  5. Jim Street

Jim Street UKBF Contributor Full Member

35 3
    Can I offer very silly (possibly) feedback. On my iMac (half screen) the text is hard to read (the grey small text). Thanks.

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 By: Jim Street Member since: Sep 30, 2019
  6. azeem javed

azeem javed UKBF Contributor Full Member

33 1
    Which page?

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 By: azeem javed Member since: Aug 4, 2019
  7. Jim Street

Jim Street UKBF Contributor Full Member

35 3
    Home page - have taken a screenshot not sure how to upload

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 By: Jim Street Member since: Sep 30, 2019