New online SEO course by "Tin"

Discussion in 'SEO, PPC and Online Marketing' started by sirearl, Oct 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tin

Tin Just an SEO Staff Member

5,841 1,605
    @CharterFishing - Hello Ray, you're a blast from the past!

It's been a long time since we chatted, hope you're ok. I had heard that you'd gone into the Charter sector but I didn't know whereabouts otherwise I would have actually given you a ring to see how you're doing. I've just Googled around a bit more and found your site so I'll try giving you a ring later this afternoon to see if you're about. It'd be good to hear from you again.

Cheers for your comments above, always nice to hear good things about my work and the other good news is that you've got 'good, old Estwig' posting again, in the SEO Forum. The strangest things happen on here.

Anyway, good to see you back again.

Ray

Posted: Aug 7, 2015 By: Tin Member since: Nov 14, 2005
  2. Dan Izzard

Dan Izzard Digital Marketer Full Member

1,060 319
    @estwig I've traded in my Blue Peter badge. No use to me after they stopped letting me into LegoLand for free...

[​IMG]

p.s they aren't my hands....

Posted: Aug 11, 2015 By: Dan Izzard Member since: Nov 21, 2013
  3. OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy UKBF Legend Staff Member

20,429 7,048
    @Dan Izzard they ARE your hands from Friday to Monday :D

Posted: Aug 11, 2015 By: OldWelshGuy Member since: Jun 12, 2008
  4. Simon.P

Simon.P UKBF Enthusiast Full Member

503 54
    Signed up last night and so glad i did. It's packed full of information in an easy to read style. Recommended.

Posted: Aug 13, 2015 By: Simon.P Member since: Dec 4, 2009
  5. ADNattan

ADNattan UKBF Regular Full Member

308 75
    Hi folks.

I've got a bit of an SEO background (working as a copywriter in an SEO agency) so I'm comfortable with SEO copywriting if not all of the surrounding stuff.

Is it still worth taking the course? £99 seems very fair given the feedback, and I could do with sharpening the old skills, but if it's pitched at absolute beginners with little value to "intermediate" SEOs, I don't know if it's worth looking elsewhere.

I know everyone swears by this, but I don't want to be the one guy who signs up and shrugs.

Posted: Feb 25, 2016 By: ADNattan Member since: Jul 21, 2009
  6. Tin

5,841 1,605
    Give me a ring and I'll tell you honestly if you'd benefit from it. I don't need unhappy customers so I've no interest in selling you anything you don't need.

Posted: Feb 25, 2016 By: Tin Member since: Nov 14, 2005
  7. ADNattan

308 75
    Tin, you're a star. I'll give you a ring tomorrow if that's OK?

Posted: Feb 25, 2016 By: ADNattan Member since: Jul 21, 2009
  8. Scott@KarmaContent

[email protected] UKBF Enthusiast Full Member

742 319
    I did the course and I already had quite a significant amount of SEO experience. Yes it's great for beginners but I think more experienced people will get a lot out of it too. Like any course, I got more out of some bits than others, but the most important thing I found was that it made me think about a lot of things from slightly different angles, and it's these subtle insights than can be invaluable.

For £99, it's an absolute steal.

Posted: Feb 25, 2016 By: [email protected] Member since: Jun 24, 2014
  9. ADNattan

308 75
    I'd just like to thank Ray for taking the time to discuss his course with me in great detail this morning. If the same thought and care goes into the course as he puts into dealing with potential customers, I'll be a happy man indeed.

Posted: Feb 26, 2016 By: ADNattan Member since: Jul 21, 2009
  10. AllUpHere

AllUpHere UKBF Ace Free Member

2,897 1,025
    I didn't pay for the course, but have seen the course content in it's entirety, and can honestly say there's a good bit of stuff in there that was new to me.

In my professional opinion it's a damn good buy for anyone who works in any kind of web marketing or copywriting role, and a must for anyone who works on their own (or others') websites.

Posted: Feb 26, 2016 By: AllUpHere Member since: Jun 30, 2014
  11. consultant

consultant Your Business Community Staff Member

5,393 749
    For people who are new to SEO and want to build their knowledge in easy to follow stages, this would be the best £99 you invest in SEO!

Posted: Feb 26, 2016 By: consultant Member since: Jan 21, 2008
  12. lulu1979

lulu1979 UKBF Regular Free Member

105 8
    I just done the course too, took out the full 6 months option and I must say I wish I had this 5 years ago when started to build my website! To be honest it should be 10X more expensive, that's how much its worth for my business in the long run!!!! Started the course in October, and the results are just simply amazing! There are hidden gems in the course what I am sure you would not get from anywhere else, especially for this price. And the chats with Ray over the phone will educate you even further.

Posted: Feb 27, 2016 By: lulu1979 Member since: May 10, 2010
  13. domainguy

domainguy UKBF Regular Free Member

162 21
    I used to develop sites using good old html on keyword domains and could rank them on page 1 with little work. Yes gone are those days. Now I'm lazy and use wordpress but i've never been able to seo them as well as I could with a bespoke html site, even using the seo plugins. Is wordpress treated any differently for ranking and if so does this course work for it too? I'm looking at purchasing a new wordpress template for a new site but not sure if I should be considering anything other than aesthetics like I usually do!

Posted: Mar 3, 2016 By: domainguy Member since: Nov 10, 2008
  14. Tin

5,841 1,605
    Keyworded domains, they're not altogether gone as I've an insurance site that ranks very well on a keyworded domain but the essence of my course is to simply explain the on-site techniques I apply when I'm working with clients.

It's not a link based course as that's not what I'm about, it's purely an explanation of how I play with words on web pages because I seem to have a knack of getting difficult keywords to rank by just doing that.

I'm not saying a site doesn't need links but, experience has shown me, most seo's know little about working effectively on site and that's what the course is about. It's not platfrom dependent, it doesn't focus on Wordpress, all it does is explain in detail how I look at "playing with words" on web pages, that's all I do but what I do seems to work for me, my clients and people who've taken the course.

Happy to answer any of your questions so feel free to ring me, the number's on the contact page.

Ray

Posted: Mar 3, 2016 By: Tin Member since: Nov 14, 2005
  15. ADNattan

308 75
    A little over a month in, and I've started to see first page results as a result of the course and Ray's guidance.

Above I mentioned the amount of hard work Ray's put into the course. I'm happy to add that his hard work pays off if you're prepared to listen to what he says and pay attention to his course.

Highly recommended.

Posted: Apr 4, 2016 By: ADNattan Member since: Jul 21, 2009
  16. Cococarb

Cococarb UKBF Newcomer Free Member

21 1
    ** A selection of keyword terms we have ranked organically on page 1 of Google. **

Which sites are you are reffering to Ray? with up most respect - anyone can say they ranked for this and that.. :) love to see some case studies.

Posted: Sep 1, 2016 By: Cococarb Member since: Jul 12, 2016
  17. Tin

5,841 1,605
    For genuine, prospective candidates for the course, I'll happily show them examples of work and give them contact details of happy customers of both the course and my previous client work if requested.

I'm sure you'll agree that, given the amount of genuine, and unsolicited, testimonials and reviews that have already been posted on this thread, plus on other forums and also to be found on my website, therefore I feel that your enquiry is somewhat irrelevant.

Posted: Sep 5, 2016 By: Tin Member since: Nov 14, 2005
  18. Cococarb

Cococarb UKBF Newcomer Free Member

21 1
    I'm not here to demise anyone Ray, Specially a forum staff member. I'm not denying that you have educated lots of people on basics which they didn't know before reading your material. You may have educated them on tags, schemas and technical aspects like metas and best practise of using images, videos, content etc.. of course they will thank you for it. I'm sure its worth the money paid for.

Just move onto this:
    There is a list of keywords which you claimed to have ranked your sites for - but no actual site/s attached to that list. I simply asked what they are and you want me buy your material to find it out? Since you are open to share your methods I'm sure you could share few case studies on your website?

I don't sell SEO tutorials or services and I am not after your reputation or clients. I really don't think you could improve rankings for a small business anymore (not talking about 4 words phrase or moving from 5th page to 4th page). Which means there is no SEO for someone with a budget of £3000 or less. When a "SEO" say they can do stuff, I tend to find every piece of information I could to see what they do, how they do and most important is it TRUE what they say. SMEs suffer from whatever going on each day, we latch onto whatever we could, so we could have bit of time off from constant worries and hope for a game-changer. I would hate to see someone wasting their time which they could have spent on something worth-while.

Posted: Sep 6, 2016 By: Cococarb Member since: Jul 12, 2016
  19. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

30,356 8,923
    Read Ray's reply to your previous post. If you want details he will give them to you. He doesn't need to post case studies on his site.

Posted: Sep 6, 2016 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  20. Tin

5,841 1,605
    I'm well aware of your cynicism regarding SEO and that you previously worked within the sector but that you no longer do so because your techniques no longer work. Your opinion is all over these forums in other threads and, of course, you're perfectly entitled to your opinion. I also have an opinion, again perfectly entitled, which is that your SEO techniques must have been of a dubious nature if they no longer work.

You have deliberately misinterpreted what I said above, I'm not suggesting that you or anyone needs to buy the course before I would share with them examples of my work. I simply won't (and don't need to) publicly plaster them on an open forum because someone has an axe to grind and believes...
    For genuine enquiries I'm more than happy to chat on the phone, show examples if required, and answer any queries people have before signing up for the course. I've even turned people away if I don't believe that they have the right set up to get a benefit from the course.

Every keyword in that list is 100% genuine and there's a long list of previous client testimonials to back them up, also on the site. I'm not in the business of trying to hoodwink or deceive anyone, it's just not my style.

Applying the techniques I provide in the course absolutely works and the course was devised precisely to help website owners who don't have thousands to spend. The members who've posted on this thread, other SEOs as well as past clients and people who have taken the course, have done so completely without prompting.

Yes, SEO is constantly changing, and is definitely much harder now than it was, but, the funny thing is, what I do has never changed. What worked 10 years ago absolutely still works today, if done right.

I'm sorry but I don't believe for a minute that you're enquiry is genuine but thank you for raising this thread back into view ;)

Posted: Sep 6, 2016 By: Tin Member since: Nov 14, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.